My Little Torts

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Many, many years ago, when my kids were just babies, we used to find quite a few desert tortoises wandering our city neighborhood. It never occurred to me that there were different species of tortoise. I thought a tortoise was a tortoise. It's quite obvious in your picture, that tortoises are different from each other.

It would be an interesting thread to have a picture, like yours, as the first post, then the next post the same three species only maybe as yearlings, then two year olds, etc. etc. It would show how fast and how different the species grew.

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
Many, many years ago, when my kids were just babies, we used to find quite a few desert tortoises wandering our city neighborhood. It never occurred to me that there were different species of tortoise. I thought a tortoise was a tortoise. It's quite obvious in your picture, that tortoises are different from each other.

It would be an interesting thread to have a picture, like yours, as the first post, then the next post the same three species only maybe as yearlings, then two year olds, etc. etc. It would show how fast and how different the species grew.

Great idea! I do weigh & measure them every month and I'll try and take a group shot every once in awhile as well.
Thanks!

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
How is the Russian the smallest at 6 months

I'm not sure I understand the question? The breeder (ATC) said his estimated hatch date was 9/10/15 and I received him on 11/10/15.
As far as his size goes, if he's smaller than he should be I'm not aware of any issues. He eats, sleeps, and roams very well. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne can you help me get a post on here for everyone to see I forget how to do this I thought I got it on here but I gues not it was about Buzzards

Someone sent me a private message about their young tortoise being carried away by a buzzard. Was that you? I'll see if I can find it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No. In order to keep my in box a little cleaner, I hit the "Leave the Conversation" button. The most recent PM's disappear from the queue for a few months. So it's gone, sorry.

Tort Love

Someone sent me a private message about their young tortoise being carried away by a buzzard. Was that you? I'll see if I can find it.
I sent this I don't know how to do this stuff sorry for the inconvenience