IMG_9063s.jpg

IMG_6458s.jpg

IMG_6417s.jpg

IMG_5048s.jpg

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
The sixth one from the top looks almost orange. I really like the color on him (or her). Very nice group you have there.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Neltharion said:
The sixth one from the top looks almost orange. I really like the color on him (or her). Very nice group you have there.
I bought her and the 2nd one from the top from Brian at Wildside. He really went over the top for me. He took multiple pictures, answered all my questions, and they arrived exactly as he said. Great seller!
She is orange/peach, like the picture shows, and 6 15/16 inches carapace length. The other was 7 inches.

If the middle east ever calms down, I would love for someone to do a book on Greeks, or some more primary research on the greek complex in the Israel, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon area.
I hope we can someday know where the localities of the different color patterns are. That female is orange/peach colored, as were a lot of the light colored ones. Most of mine are generally straw colored.
I know there is some research from North Africa that associates greek tortoise patterns with altitude and corresponding temperatures, and also with substrate color. There might be some Iberian greek research as well.
But we don't really know for sure whether the current Golden's are environmental or simply regional forms.
Are some of these animals what would have formerly been called T. floweri, or did they only exist in the Gaza area? The only pictures I've been able to find of greeks in the Gaza or Northern Sinai area look like typical greeks with dark "C"s around the edge of the carapace scutes.

Steve
IMG_9058s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.