My girls were in a bad traffic accident..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
My 2 teen daughters were on a trip with some of our family friends down in California. Matt, the husband, had to leave early for work, so Kara, her 2 kids, and my 2 kids were driving a suburban pulling a 26 foot travel trailer (like a big RV with kitchen, bathroom, sleeping areas) and working their way back home to WA.

On I-5 in the heart of East LA, they lost control and struck a slightly sloped wall on their left that was for an on-ramp about 15feet above their lane at the time.

Their suburban was sent hurtling into the air and crashing down on the passenger side roof where one of my daughters sat before it finally settled on the ramp facing the opposite direction 15 feet higher than they started.

The passenger seat area was completely crushed - the roof\windsheild pretty much conturing the seat. Of course the entire vehicle was totalled, but that one seat was really bad....

Matt and I flew right down to LA. Here are some pics:

34740_444381680745_675900745_5960551_7257737_n.jpg

This is what is left of the nice 26ft travel trailer:
34740_444381665745_675900745_5960550_2044531_n.jpg

It used to look something like this:
06kza.JPG

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
where off the 5 in east LA??? near the 60 or 10 ?

i heard about another accident off the 99 in central cali last night.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
OMG Chad, I am so sorry to hear that!!! Are your girls and all the passengers of the car ok?

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Dude...You can't leave us hanging like that after those photos. How are your daughters??? And everyone else??

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Please tell us your daughters and the other passengers are OK.

I will be praying for all of you.

M

Maggie Cummings

Chad, I'm so sorry...tell us about your girls. Are they alright?

They must be or he would have told us...

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Prayers and meditations for you and your family. I hope everyone is OK - if not, then easily healed. Stuff you can always buy.. family, priceless

MATortoise B

5 Year Member
Man i hope everybody is ok. please post something on there status. Wish you guys the best

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would think if they were seriously injured he would have said so in his first post, but one never knows.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Man, I can't imagine how you must have been feeling when you got that phone call....that's one of my biggest fears. I hpoe everyone is OK.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Sorry to leave you hanging. I'm still in LA and not much time to post stuff. Copied most of that post from something else I was sending out.

Here is what is missing from the bottom:

Kara, the mother has some bad bruises and scrapes and is very sore. But doing fine.

Her son is 6 and has about 30-40 stitches near his eye. But as most kids do, he is acting like nothing happened.

Her 8 yr old daughter just has some scrapes.

One of my daughters had a slight concussion and had blurry vision and some vomiting right after. So they kept her overnight for observation. But is doing great today.

My other daughter has several small cuts and scrapes and limps due to a nice bruise on the shin. But other than being sore, she is fine.

This was on Tuesday about noon on the 5 juts before the 710 interchange. Their dog was killed after it fled the scene and was then ran over. We are at a friends house here in LA and after some followup doctor visits will be headed home.

chadk

10 Year Member!
kyryah said:
That is horrid, everyone is completely lucky to be alive.

yes. The guy at the wrecking yard said he has been in this business for 30 years and when he saw the remains of the car brought in, he knew it had to be a fatality accident. He said people just don’t walk away from that. The officers and aid workers on the scene had similar comments and were in awe when the realized there were no serious injuries. Keep in mind this was in East LA where crazy stuff happens all the time...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
don't be prejudiced against all of L.A., crazy stuff happens all over the city.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Wow amazing amount of wreck, but everyone walked Phew so
glad that things are turning out for the better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.