Munching Morenia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
These thing just eat and eat and eat, no stopping. The whole waterland will be empty in 4 days, crazy
3792da1d9fd4ba5c52e3376826e7c6bf_zps16be849c.jpg
2da4673cecd63e41818a4e4fcff99a89_zpsc3751a78.jpg
5fa74aedcfbeb8f9dee6aa223d719b21_zps3d6d9eb9.jpg
d372c9a16cf8a711f13ec14586f3229e_zpsdec41226.jpg

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Wow.. Can't imagine there would be a better food for them out there. That's amazing. Luckily the food they choose to eat a ton of is so cheap and fast growing.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Anthony P said:
Wow.. Can't imagine there would be a better food for them out there. That's amazing. Luckily the food they choose to eat a ton of is so cheap and fast growing.

It's free Here, grows in ever puddle pretty much.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Do you have problems with dirty water in indoor tanks with the water hyacinth as food. I have gold fish and hyacinth in my outdoor pond and have no problems, but inside what a mess. I have two filters on 20 gal. of water and they poop just as fast as they eat.so I removed the hyacinth from the winter enclosure. Changed to greens o by the way I have two red ear sliders that are 4 inches long.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
I agree Mike. I am always interested to hear when people keep hyacinth indoors. It is such a HIGH light plant, and it really does get ripped up and messy pretty quickly. I too have had great success outdoors and close to none indoors.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Florida
Anthony P said:
I agree Mike. I am always interested to hear when people keep hyacinth indoors. It is such a HIGH light plant, and it really does get ripped up and messy pretty quickly. I too have had great success outdoors and close to none indoors.

Remember, I live in turtleland and don't have to use filters inside. Lol! It messes up the water pretty quick but only with species that eat it. These guys whack it down so fast it doesn't have a chance to make a mess on its own. When I keep the Morenia outside, they can't keep up with the growth and I only have to add water because of the evaporation.

Give me a call when you're not busy today, I have something to talk to you about.

Status
Not open for further replies.