Moroccan Greeks

devsharkey

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
After talking to some other members on this forum, it looks like I'm not ready to take on these little Moroccan's I just bought.

I have a juvenile male and female. They've been dewormed twice, and have been eating like little pigs, constantly, since I've had them. I'm nervous that I can't take care of them properly, so I'd like to sell them quickly (especially with this colder weather coming in) so I'd like to discuss offers with people, rather than just naming a price?

If anyone is interested, please let me know. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 55

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Are you really sure? Why do you think you can't take care of them right?

devsharkey

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Are you really sure? Why do you think you can't take care of them right?

I've had trouble in the past. I had trouble keeping an Egyptian warm when I had one, and I couldn't get the enclosures right with it, and I don't feel like I'm keeping the Moroccan's enclosures warm enough either. They're active, all day long, until I turn off their light, and they eat everything and drink when I soak them, so I think I'm doing okay, but I've read up a lot on them in the past few days, and I got really nervous. I just don't think I'm ready for them yet, and I don't want to make myself uncomfortable.

I've been raised around tortoises, but mostly box turtles and Sulcata's, and they're easy! So easy. And I decided on Ibera's a long time ago, but I'd researched them thoroughly before I'd made my first purchase and I have the older guys, so I'm not too worried about them, but I've never worked with juveniles, so I also don't know what to expect. Besides that, they're imported, and even though the gentlemen I bought them form said he had them for three months and they were fine, and they've been fine with me, I can see that from other's past experiences, fine doesn't mean okay, and the mortality rate of these guys is pretty high, from what I've read, since they're so delicate, and I'm a college student. I can't afford to loose these tortoises, so I'd rather find someone with more experience and just purchase another Ibera, who I know I can care for properly.

I was informed when I bought them they were easy to care for and just like taking care of an Ibera, so I bought them, stupidly believing what I was told, and that turns out to not be the case. Again, I just don't want to make myself uncomfortable, which I already am, and I'm the biggest worry wort I know, so this is driving me up a wall with worry.

Delilah1623

Aww honey )= I want to give you a hug. It sounds like you just want to do right by these guys and are worried about getting it wrong. It seems like you are doing a great job with them and I really hope you reconsider. It is really scary at first. Every time I check on my baby redfoot I am worried something will be wrong but he's doing great and I think yours are too. They are much better off with you than they would be with the average person and clearly you care about them very much. Really think if that is what you want. Don't give up on something you truly want because it is scary. And this forum is full or great advice and amazing people if you ever gave questions or concerns.

devsharkey

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Aww honey )= I want to give you a hug. It sounds like you just want to do right by these guys and are worried about getting it wrong. It seems like you are doing a great job with them and I really hope you reconsider. It is really scary at first. Every time I check on my baby redfoot I am worried something will be wrong but he's doing great and I think yours are too. They are much better off with you than they would be with the average person and clearly you care about them very much. Really think if that is what you want. Don't give up on something you truly want because it is scary. And this forum is full or great advice and amazing people if you ever gave questions or concerns.

Thank you for the nice words. Fortunately I found Andrew Hermes, the gentlemen from Arizona Tortoise Compound, who was willing to take them in for me and traded me a nice little female Ibera. Hopefully it all works out for him, but I just wasn't ready. Thanks again!