Morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

5 Year Member
My name is Jeffrey from Malaysia, and i have 2 star tortoise which I've not named them yet. Still deciding what to call them! Adored them very much and hoping to have a bigger collection in the near future.

Jeffrey

5 Year Member
Morning Terracolson. I've managed to post photos on the photo gallery section under the juvenile and outdoor enclosure albums. But how do I post the pictures here?

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
Morning to you as well.. Its late here in California, i am about off to bed..

I use photobucket and use the img code

Does that make sense?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jeffery:

1076492em1nuecn7j.gif
to the forum!!

I don't think you need to post your pictures here. We're in the process of changing over to the photo album and eventually we'll get used to going there to see the new pictures. Thanks for posting them for our enjoyment!!

Jeffrey

5 Year Member
Thank you for your welcoming messages. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay here in this forum, and enjoy the company of many chelonian lovers all over the world. I have a question about my stars. They eat well and sleep well but they seem to be very lethargic. Active only 1 hour then sleeps the whole day. Only to wake up for a little dinner then sleeps again. Hiding in their shelter made from a half terracota pot. Tried to source out some information about this condition from websites on the net but to no avail. Do you know of any condition which causes this type of lethargic episodes?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jeffrey said:
Thank you for your welcoming messages. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay here in this forum, and enjoy the company of many chelonian lovers all over the world. I have a question about my stars. They eat well and sleep well but they seem to be very lethargic. Active only 1 hour then sleeps the whole day. Only to wake up for a little dinner then sleeps again. Hiding in their shelter made from a half terracota pot. Tried to source out some information about this condition from websites on the net but to no avail. Do you know of any condition which causes this type of lethargic episodes?

Jeffrey: Go to the section of the forum dedicated to the Star tortoise. There is quite a bit of information there. Might be parasites (most probably) and might be a respiratory infection. Here's where the star section is:

http://tortoiseforum.org/forum-33.html

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome I seem to recall alot of our members from malaysia and parts around there who have stars seem to have a lot of respiratory problems and such I would suggesst a vet visit just to be safe, and once again welcome.

Jeffrey

5 Year Member
Thank you Terryo for the welcoming message, I feel much at home on this site already, and to Yvonne, thank you for directing me to the designated page, there are lots of info there and I'm reading every single one of them. Thanks dmmj for the info, but unfortunately, there are no vets in Melaka, Malaysia who are specialized in chelonian, they are more for cats, dogs. So, I'm in a little bit of dilemma here and hopefully, the page where yvonne directed would offer a solution. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome again.

One of my star, picture posted on the album page, does not eat as much as he used to. I thought it could be the respiratory problem but he doesn't seem to be gaping his mouth while breathing, he just stays at one spot and not moving. I've decided to bring him indoor and put him in a 2' tank with newspaper flooring, a bowl of water and a dual pt light for daylight hours. He has no nose discharge but his hind legs are a bit weak. If it's the parasite problem, then how should i treat him? Where I'm living, there are no vets who treats chelonian. I might have to do it myself. Or if it's impaction due to congestion of soil from the outdoor habitat, how am I to detect the symptoms?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
well if it is a parasite problem even a vet who does not deal with torts could still prescribe a parasite medicine.

Jeffrey

5 Year Member
Ok, I went to two vets this morning, 1 vet prescribed me a multivitamin in liquid form and recommend a weekly dosage plus calcium in pil form, to be crushed before feeding everyday. The other vet, no recommendations! And well, I'll have to go to the 1 which is 4 hours ride from home on friday, I took a day off! Hopefully, the vet is a good herp vet! Thanks dmmj!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just going to add another friendly welcome! Nice having you here. :)

Jeffrey

5 Year Member
Thank you jacqui and donnatello's mom. It's so nice to have so much friends who loves chelonian. I am so lucky to have found this website! Thank you again for the warm welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.