Moringa, better than Amazon prices

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Would you buy Moringa as a tortoise food (whole dry leaves with some petiole)

Green words are links to definitions

This link shows it's nutritional values https://www.feedipedia.org/node/124

I have found a source that has promise. My commitment is not trivial. I'd use much myself as I have in the past.

Aside from the poll, please feel free to write comments about why you might try it, or have tried it but found it to fussy to deal with or maybe you think the tortoises didn't like it.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Would you buy Moringa as a tortoise food (whole dry leaves with some petiole)

Green words are links to definitions

This link shows it's nutritional values https://www.feedipedia.org/node/124

I have found a source that has promise. My commitment is not trivial. I'd use much myself as I have in the past.

Please feel free to write comments about why you might try it, or have tried it but found it to fussy to deal with or maybe you think the tortoises didn't like it.

Would you buy dried Moringa for tortoise food?
?$? per pound delivered to your door you would pay?

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
I have a few moringa trees. It seems pretty powerful. Some torts like the taste but I add it sparingly.

Shaif

Pittsburgh, PA
I would try it. I'm still planning to try your cactus too, but keep paying tons for fresh when I can find it.

Cost wise, would you be able to keep it under $20? That seems to be a reasonable number that I would pay, but honestly a dart in the dark.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I don't know about dried Moringa; my Russian really enjoys it, fresh. She doesn't eat dried anything, though, as she hibernates. It's in with the brassicas, which some people fuss over. It seems distinct enough to me, and provides enough nutrition that I feed it without concern. It's got a lot going for it nutritionally.

I do think having a little stem attached would be a benefit. My small tortoise needs to hold the stem down while she nips off the leaves.

Good luck in your search and final decision!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
I would try it. I'm still planning to try your cactus too, but keep paying tons for fresh when I can find it.

Cost wise, would you be able to keep it under $20? That seems to be a reasonable number that I would pay, but honestly a dart in the dark.
I think about $20/pound delivered would beat what's on Amazon, at least over the time I've looked.

I'm still struggling with glochids in the opuntia, but have figured out the final cure for those damn nasty little stickers, flaming the pads really doesn't work. I made up a batch where I used a punch to eliminate the whole structure clean through. Dried and ran my hands through them for quite awhile, not one glochid. But I digress.

I have the Cactus Chips down to $24.99 1/2 pound delivered and coupled with a 1/2 pound of Moringa, delivered at $34.99.

Or just straight Moringa at $20/ pound, delivered.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, if the price is right.