178.6 KB · Views: 29

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm glad to see that your new little box turtle made it onto your Christmas card.

Back attcha'!!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Those are wonderfully expressive chelonian faces on your tree! What a great idea for your holiday card.:)

Is there a "program" associated with the photoshop aspect of this Christmas greeting? I'd love to be able to do something like that on our family Christmas letter.;)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Merry Christmas to you Tim/Robin and to your girls too. I hope Santa brings them everything they're wishing for. I see your new tortoises are on the tree. They are so cute and if I'm correct you have the tortoise that I'm always admiring on there too, am I right? :D

tortoiseman777

5 Year Member
AZ
merry christmas!! i got a pair of russian torts this morning and hoping to breed them!! :D

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Thanks everyone for the comments on the card. Hope your holiday was peaceful.

Stephanie- we bought a program called "Digital Scrapbook Artist" which we absolutely love. The girls and I (Tim's not into it - scrapbooking is a girl thing) can spend HOURS creating little fun pages with our photos. I own Photoshop Elements too but I find I mainly want to create more silly/fun stuff than true photo editing. The program will do Christmas cards, but if you are into simple cards Snapfish.com may be just fine and you don't need software for that. I just checked the price and Digital Scrapbook Artist is only $10 at Amazon right now due to a rebate (I paid more). It is a steal for that price. Here's the link.

The girls and I made a "magazine for tortoises" that we laughed and laughed over while making. Here are a couple pages (the entire PDF version is on our website shown in our signature under "Publications" if you want to see the whole thing).
TortLife1cover.jpg
[/img]

scubatort.jpg

Candy- I think you usually admire the planicaudas. There happen to be no planis on that card but there are 2 arachnoides (both genus Pyxis). All the Pyxis have the greatest little faces though. I get disappointed people sell torts and rarely show a photo of the face -its always the shell. Tortoise faces are fantastic!

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
tortoiseman777 said:
merry christmas!! i got a pair of russian torts this morning and hoping to breed them!! :D

Envious :]

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hi Robin,

Thanks for the link! I will be buying that program so I can at least try to put together something cute for next year's Christmas card. I'd love to photoshop all of our animals into a family picture. There's no way we could get them all to behave at the same time to do a real time photo.:p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Have been missing seeeing your great photos. Love the card, but broke out laughing (and waking my husband) over the magazine page about swimming with the dolphin. :D Reallly funny. Please let your daughters now how much I enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.