Man Arrested At German Airport Because You Can’t Travel With 94 Reptiles In A Suitcase

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I wish they would have identified some of the species of tortoise. I wonder which animal was worth $82,000.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with both post. I actually wouldn't mind him having happen to him, what happened to the one that didn't make it.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Holy snikeys that's a lot I read another one about a man smuggling exotic birds 30 of them he wrapped them in fabric and pretty much taped them to his leg he was caught because of feathers and poo coming out his pant leg the scary question is out of those caught how many have actually succeeded at and how many poor animals have suffered from it

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
He broke the rules, you are only allowed 93 in a suitcase.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
What an Idio!!!! I hope he goes to jail for a while , I wonder what kind of turtle is the one in the pic , could it be a yucatan box turtle ??? I'm originally from Mexico and I remember finding a lot of mud turtles during the time they were brumating last time I went there I found 68 of them , mostly adults and a few young ones , I hope this year I can find more "if I go ", I count them never touch them or get them out of the rocks , don't even bother them , they are always sleeping (between rocks ) or under bushes is so sad when people do this kind of stuff one time someone offered me money to show them the place were I find them I hope no one ever finds that place .

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Sad for the reptiles!
I have very unpleasant feeling for people like that guy.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
I am with you, Kathy. Jacka$$es like this db make me furious! Animal cruelty and smuggling punishments are not harsh enough, for my tastes. My only consolation for this particular, db, is he broke international laws and hopefully Germany shoves him in a tiny bag and forgets about him.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
At least, sadly to say, some custom agent actually at work. It is from Mexico City to Barcelona then he got caught in Frankfurt. What are the agent in those city are doing???

If he get caught earlier, some of the reptile may not be dead. Sad!!