LuLu's home & shell pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

missmoofi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Murcia, Spain
Hi, here are a couple of pics where LuLu now lives, I intend to plant some of her fav foods, tips gladly received, pls note I live in Spain and dandelions dont grow here :D

ps can anyone sex her for me ? tvm ;)

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    760.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    886 KB · Views: 35

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Annie:

Your middle picture cuts off the critical portion. In order to play Guess-The-Sex, we need to be able to see the tail and anal scutes.

missmoofi

5 Year Member
Murcia, Spain
missmoofi said:
Hi, here are a couple of pics where LuLu now lives, I intend to plant some of her fav foods, tips gladly received, pls note I live in Spain and dandelions dont grow here :D

another pic of her home :)

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 23

River14

5 Year Member
I love lulu and she seems to have a lovely home, who and wht is she. I love love the name for very personl resons but also its just so ovely for a tortie

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
The enclosure looks nice..We will need a photo of the tail and anal scutes like Yvvone said to be able to guess it's sex..

River14

5 Year Member
Im sorry Lulu Im dislexic ya even on the computer. But you get my drift isnit? Little trot.

missmoofi

5 Year Member
Murcia, Spain
emysemys said:
Hi Annie:

Your middle picture cuts off the critical portion. In order to play Guess-The-Sex, we need to be able to see the tail and anal scutes.

oops hows this one ....thanks

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 28

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Kinda blurry, and like Terry says, can't see the tail. My guess is the same as his...female.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I am going female also, I would think that if it was male you would be able to see the tail even if it's pulled to the side.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I say male. If the tort were female the anal scutes would be more pointed in the middle and sweep back into the femorals more.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
missmoofi said:
missmoofi said:

another pic of her home :)

That is a great area for you to work with, nice and large. You can gradually add more hides (I like the one you showed), and edible plants and plant some weeds in one area. Beautiful!

missmoofi

5 Year Member
Murcia, Spain
thanks everyone, she is exploring the area more and more now :) she loves to burrow under the dead leaves from the mimosa, and shes found a patch of annual flowers that are dying back but are still fairly leafy and she mouches around there ! Ive got some broken plant pots that I think I'll add as another hiding place for her. Ive been raking the dead pine needles up too.

Ive just seen her sat in the open sunning herself :D its patchy cloud today so its not too mad hot and I guess she's not stoo-pid and will get out of the heat if its too much for her.

have more pics but not sure how to add them in quick reply

thanks again for your comments :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
She sounds very healthy and probably can't believe her good fortune. Yes, as long as they have options (heat/shade, etc.), they know what to do.
At some point you can make some small dirt hills for interest, and put small gravel areas in, which will help absorb heat for basking. However, it is already a great spot.
We do love pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.