Loss of appetite, but heightened activity?

knucklesthetortoise

Hi guys, I'm a long-time reader of this forum but first time poster =)

I've had Knuckles (russian tort) for about four years. Usually during the wintertime he has a diminished appetite until the weather gets warmer, but this is the first time he's almost stopped eating completely. He's taken a few bites here and there, but for a few days he hasn't eaten much. However, he doesn't seem to be feeling lethargic. In fact, he's been more active than usual for this time of year! But how can he go without eating full meals before I should begin to worry?

I haven't noticed any runnyness/sunkenness in his eyes or nose. It is winter where I live, so could that have something to do with it? Also, I noticed he has been shedding a tiny bit, but he does that once in a while so I thought that it was normal.

Any advice would be great!

(He lives indoors, has about 90-95 F degrees on basking side and about 70-75 on the cool side. He has a UVB light. He has a water pool in his enclosure to bathe in and is fed fresh dandelion greens and/or collards daily. A few times a week I dust his food with the ReptiCalcium.)