Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
RE: Forum Changes

Aye aye!!!

We talked about it a bit ago, but I believe it is an added expense for the forum. A few people willing to support the cause may be beneficial...

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California

kyryah said:
Aye aye!!!

We talked about it a bit ago, but I believe it is an added expense for the forum. A few people will to support the cause may be beneficial...

Would it require more bandwidth? What about membership fees? Like you can have free memberships like we have now AND you can support the forum and pay like $10-$15 a year and you get a "Gold" membership which gives you some special incentive...like the ability to...customize your avatar or your member name more haha I don't know...something

Just throwing it out there

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California

dmmj said:
fmadrigal said:
kyryah said:

I have gotten in trouble for that before.

Really? I don't see why it would be a problem. The free membership would still be there...but for a little added support for the forum you can CHOOSE to pay a little more for an added bonus. I've seen it done on forums in fact I'm part of one for my other hobby...ANDROID phones. Works great.

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
been away for a bit, and was i suprised at the new look of the forum! looks great!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan

fmadrigal said:
dmmj said:
fmadrigal said:
kyryah said:

I have gotten in trouble for that before.

Really? I don't see why it would be a problem. The free membership would still be there...but for a little added support for the forum you can CHOOSE to pay a little more for an added bonus. I've seen it done on forums in fact I'm part of one for my other hobby...ANDROID phones. Works great.

He was making a joke. Throwing IT out there, not throwing that particular idea out there.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

dmmj said:
according to the old timers, there was a chat function in the long ago times, but it was not used much. I also would like a chat function.

OLD TIMERS?????

Yes, there was a chatbox and yes, it was virtually never used. I think of all the times I was on it (okay perhaps twice), only once was there anybody else on it. However, we tried to only have certain times to use it and it was in a separate window which was a pain. One just at the top of the main page would be nice, because then you could jump on whenever anybody was there. A downside to that, is often folks try posting questions in those boxes, which doesn't work well at all.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
The only problem I see with Fernando's idea is that if someone you wanted to chat with was not a "gold" member, you would not be able to chat with them, in other words the number of people you could chat with would be limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.