Looking to adopt!! (any kind)

sydw3262

Hello, I am an experienced (11 year) turtle owner looking to adopt a tortoise in need! I am willing to pay a little but I'm not here to purchase an animal, I'm here to rescue a friend!

My view on pets is that they are not just an animal you can buy and trade they are a life time companion! So if anyone out there has a tortoise that they need to adopt out for any reason I am here to help and rescue the sweet thing. :p :tort:

Contact me if you are interested!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Most of us here are on the Forum because we have a very special interest in our turtles and tortoises...one might even say, we LOVE them! So, to that end, we're not going to just turn over a beloved pet to anyone who asks. You would be doing yourself a big favor if you would take the time to introduce yourself in the "introductions" section of the forum, and maybe take part in some of our conversations. In other words, let us get to know a bit about you.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Welcome to the forum!!
Yvonne is right... I would post about my experience, what I have owned, maybe pictures, how I maintained, what type of turtle I am looking for.
Personally I would only adopt a turtle to someone I knew from the forum. Many people don't really know about the proper care of a specific species and/or have the money for proper enclosures, lighting, heat or vet bills.
Tell us about yourself.
We would love to know you!!
😊😊😊😊😊

compassrose26

5 Year Member
Michigan
Re: RE: Looking to adopt!! (any kind)

Yvonne G said:
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Most of us here are on the Forum because we have a very special interest in our turtles and tortoises...one might even say, we LOVE them! So, to that end, we're not going to just turn over a beloved pet to anyone who asks. You would be doing yourself a big favor if you would take the time to introduce yourself in the "introductions" section of the forum, and maybe take part in some of our conversations. In other words, let us get to know a bit about you.

OP, try checking in the reposted ads section of the forum! While most of the people on here havr torts that don't need rescuing, we do know of some! Depending on your location there may be one near you. There are also crazy numbers of red eared sliders in reptile rescues, so see if there is one of those near you as well!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
sydw3262 said:
Hello, I am an experienced (11 year) turtle owner looking to adopt a tortoise in need! I am willing to pay a little but I'm not here to purchase an animal, I'm here to rescue a friend!

My view on pets is that they are not just an animal you can buy and trade they are a life time companion! So if anyone out there has a tortoise that they need to adopt out for any reason I am here to help and rescue the sweet thing. :p :tort:

Contact me if you are interested!

Welcome to the forum! I love your view on tortoises. They are lifetime companions. :)

What types of tortoise are you intersted in getting?