Long nails?? Feeding platform??

TortSpeed

Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Fl
Looks like my tort has been grass/yard kept bc his nails are pretty long...

Should I put him on concrete just to wear out his nails??

Also maybe feed him on a bigger concrete base? I keep reading on how feeding on the plain grass is fine but watch out with dirt/sand/rocks in food.

I find it more amusing to spread his food out in piles in the enclosure just to keep him active.. is this a good idea?

Thanks a tort!

kazjimmy

baldwin park
Go get a piece of ceramic tile and flip it over. Put the food on top of it. Don’t cop vege. My tortoise eat from ground, rocks and sand never a problem.

TortSpeed

Miami, Fl
He eats from the the floor too but what I have noticed is that I have to pile the food up for him to get it... it like his gulars are constantly in the way.

I put his food either uphill or downhill hill so it’s easier for him... Sometimes hand feed him for fun :)

TortSpeed

Miami, Fl
My tort prob has long nails bc he’s never been on concrete... and on this soft grass his long nails probably only help.

No thoughts about taking to vet for a clipping??? ‍♂️

kazjimmy

baldwin park
He eats from the the floor too but what I have noticed is that I have to pile the food up for him to get it... it like his gulars are constantly in the way.

I put his food either uphill or downhill hill so it’s easier for him... Sometimes hand feed him for fun :)

How big is your tortoise? Dont put foods i front of a animals, they will get used to it and become bland.