Lets See Your Stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Thanks! Stars are really great tortoises, I'm surprised they are not more popular, but maybe their higher cost keeps people away. They are by far the most interesting, active, and personable tortoises I have ever seen.

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Neal said:
Stars have a bad rap for being boring...much like my vendetta against the boring babcocki crowd, I would challenge anyone who thinks stars are boring to come visit mine. Guaranteed to change your mind! If you end up getting one in the future, you will not be disappointed! :)

I agree 100%. I read everywhere tha they are pretty boring and it kept me from getting one for quite a while! But eventually I got one and I can’t say he has as much personality as any other tortoise (I guess)… if not more! Luka isn’t shy at all (though scared at times) and will eat out of hand (or even eat the hand if he thinks it’s Mazuri lol) without hesitation. He has also never been sick, but I guess I was lucky there. 
I can recommend star tortoise in any case.

I have some pics of her uploaded in some of my threads… just go to my profile and search for them if you want to see him. :D

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Sky2Mina said:
I agree 100%. I read everywhere tha they are pretty boring and it kept me from getting one for quite a while! But eventually I got one and I can’t say he has as much personality as any other tortoise (I guess)… if not more! Luka isn’t shy at all (though scared at times) and will eat out of hand (or even eat the hand if he thinks it’s Mazuri lol) without hesitation. He has also never been sick, but I guess I was lucky there. 
I can recommend star tortoise in any case.

I have some pics of her uploaded in some of my threads… just go to my profile and search for them if you want to see him. :D

One of the reasons why I like them is because if there shell pattern! They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :D

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
mctlong said:
Took these today.

Here's Bellatrix taking her first mud bath in her new enclosure (the water was clean before she got in it! :p ):

and here's Anakin Skywalker relaxin' in the sun :

I LOVE the names!!!!!

sidsmasher

5 Year Member
THE INDIAN STAR are really gorgeous species of tortoise ...
I HAVE one and named him summer

1350656905220.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
sidsmasher said:
THE INDIAN STAR are really gorgeous species of tortoise ...
I HAVE one and named him summer

That is one of the cutest Indian Star's I have ever seen.... You are so lucky! :D

chrisgettar

5 Year Member
My star tortoise
th_IMG_2443.jpg

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I dont have any experience with them, I just know that they are very attractive torts and im all about people posting more pics!

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
jtrux said:
I dont have any experience with them, I just know that they are very attractive torts and im all about people posting more pics!

Me too :D I hope to invest in some if my Russian's/Leopards lay some eggs for me in the next few years :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Heres another pair I picked up today. The female is all weird from previous owners, but she has laid eggs and is very healthy and eats like a champ. She just looks funky. Gonna have to to do some serious beak trimming too.
IMG_20121105_151722.jpg

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
tortadise said:
Heres another pair I picked up today. The female is all weird from previous owners, but she has laid eggs and is very healthy and eats like a champ. She just looks funky. Gonna have to to do some serious beak trimming too.

Awwwww, poor thing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.