Leopard size

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There are two sub species the babcocki and the Pardeli. The babcocki is the smaller of the two. I believe the average size is 40-60lb. Bit of course each tort is different. Others with adults may be able to give you a better idea of size in inches.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
How big do leopard tortoise's get?

Depends on sub species Stigmochelys Pardalis Babcocki generally get 10-16" but more commonly get over 16" and reach somewhere around 18" Stigmochelys Pardalis Pardalis get over 24" and another subspecies can get over 30" all depends on what you get :D

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
What about the kind Tom has, how big do those get?

those are Stigmochelys Pardalis Pardalis south african leopards, have quite a personality too, but get 24" plus sometimes

Thought you were getting a sulcata?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
I've been thinking about getting a leopard. I've always loved them but they are expensive.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
I've been thinking about getting a leopard. I've always loved them but they are expensive.

depends where you get it from and what sub species you get, but try and go for a black burmese mountain tortoise, i just saw them, and they get about the size of the south african leopard and are really dinosaur looking lol really cool, almost look like little albadra's lol

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Ethan D said:
depends where you get it from and what sub species you get, but try and go for a black burmese mountain tortoise, i just saw them, and they get about the size of the south african leopard and are really dinosaur looking lol really cool, almost look like little albadra's lol

Where did you see them?

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Ethan D said:

Where did you see them?

i saw them on tortoisesupply.com and then looked up info about them, they are quite interesting :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It would be really hard to keep a Burmese Mountain tortoise where Tortoise boy lives. They need it cool and wet. Up here it's very hot and dry. Manouria do much better by the beach, not so well in the desert.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Tom said:
It would be really hard to keep a Burmese Mountain tortoise where Tortoise boy lives. They need it cool and wet. Up here it's very hot and dry. Manouria do much better by the beach, not so well in the desert.

Oh lol ok then!

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Tom said:

lol no idea where he lives, i do now XD, but they are a cool tortoise :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The Manouria emys do get very big, when yvonne gets some hatchlings I plan on getting one from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.