Leaving food out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mop08

5 Year Member
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if you guys left food out for your torts or do you leave it in only for a small amount of time?

I have a baby tort and I've been feeding her once a day for about an hour. However recently I've noticed her starting to munch on other things in the tank, like the mulch, so I put food back in and she went to that instead of the mulch. Should I just leave food in and trust her not to make herself a little pudgy?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
I leave it because my tortoises will eat for 5 minutes after come back a hour later and so on :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I always leave the food in the habitat. It turns pretty crispy towards the end of the day, but they'll still nibble on it when its crispy.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
leave it out too, Shelby will feed for a short time walk around the table or bask then come back and feed every so often through the day, as long as u are feeding a healthy diet and not putting out to much (I tend to put out a small hand full) and your Tortoise as plenty of room to exercise I think u will be fine leaving it out till the Tort goes to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.