Large leopard tortoise poop

Critta

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans
Is this what a large leopard tortoise's poop should look like? His plastron is 11 inches and he weighs 12 pounds. He's picked two areas of the yard to always go in. One is on the cement by a back door the other is in an alley way next to my garage. It's like a mine field of turtle poop by the garage. I took a picture of one of his poops yesterday. It seems so soft and wet and grassy. It's never just one but like 4 or 5 poops all together. Is this how it's supposed to look?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 60

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It's a bit soft, but still looks normal to me.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Yep... The piles are always surprisingly large!

My similar sized leopard also does his business in the same spot. Makes clean up easier. Well, easier when his selected spot is on the grass. When he was going on the concrete patio by the backdoor, I was hating life..LOL

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Looks okay. My leopards always seem to choose their nightly sleeping spot as a toilet also, so the poop piles up in corners, under chairs, etc. until I clean it up. They sure seem to poop out much more than they eat!

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Looks like some nice grassy poop:) Better than dog poop I say haha...as I have BOTH to clean up. Prefer tortoise over dog poop any day! Yuuuuuck

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Looks like some nice grassy poop:) Better than dog poop I say haha...as I have BOTH to clean up. Prefer tortoise over dog poop any day! Yuuuuuck
Yes, dog poop is way stinkier.