Krampus visited me….

Pistachio's Pamperer

Location (City and/or State)
Tri-cities, Tennessee
Sorry guys and gals that I haven’t been around much. -Still- transitioning from New Mexico to Tennessee. Covid put me down for a couple of months and this old nag ain’t what she used to be. I feel like I went from a pretty decently active 40ish to a 100yr old woman.
But that aside….
I buried Pistachio on Christmas Day after weeks of trying to save him. (For those who don’t know he was my Russian tortoise rescued that I got a few years back). Feeling pretty kicked in the bum by the whole ordeal and don’t know if I will ever “get another”. Feeling heartbroken and like I failed him.
I felt like I owed ppl a post so they knew I was still kicking.
-Meg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Sorry guys and gals that I haven’t been around much. -Still- transitioning from New Mexico to Tennessee. Covid put me down for a couple of months and this old nag ain’t what she used to be. I feel like I went from a pretty decently active 40ish to a 100yr old woman.
But that aside….
I buried Pistachio on Christmas Day after weeks of trying to save him. (For those who don’t know he was my Russian tortoise rescued that I got a few years back). Feeling pretty kicked in the bum by the whole ordeal and don’t know if I will ever “get another”. Feeling heartbroken and like I failed him.
-Meg
Sorry about your tort. But welcome back.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
But that aside….
-Meg
Sorry about your loss, and glad you're doing well.

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
You didn't fail him, especially if you are recovering too! Maybe one day you'll fall in love with a different species of tortoise or reptile or bird or monkey. Or maybe not :)

Please take care of yourself.

sads.jpg

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
But that aside….
-Meg
I’m so very sorry that you are grieving your beloved Pistachio. It’s especially difficult when we try so hard to nurse them back to health. Be gentle with yourself and know you have my condolences.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
But that aside….
-Meg
Aw'www, Meg. . I'm so sorry for your loss, it is a lil over a year since I lost one of my buddy's, Gigantor :tort:. I had been taking him to a Vet for loss of eating. After 2 weeks of treatment's/tube feeding He passed. I still miss the guy and feel responsible for his passing. Wishing you PEACE for your heart!