Just picked up a Sully today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi Gulf Coast
OH gee thanks Chad... I clicked play and my oldest came running she is a HUGE fan of the Holy Grail so guess what we get to watch on this rainy day??? lol.. I bet she has watched that movie 50 x and knows it by heart...

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
emysemys said:
And then there are the people names...Jane, PHIL, Bill, Dave, Saundra...

You mean somewhere out there there is a tortoise named.... Saundra??

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Now mind you this will be a temp name, his new family will more than likely change it. So far from the forum, family and friends we have;
Silver, Oliver, Judge, ScaredyKat, Sweetie, Punkin, Twinkle Toes, Snookums, Jane, PHIL, Bill, Dave, Saundra and Cream and Atari.
Keep those suggestions coming.
He is settling in well and is extreamly outgoing. I know, I know stealing my heart.

chadk

10 Year Member!
I'd give him a terrible scary name that brings images of death and destruction. Then you can tell the story of why he was turned in and how he scared his previos owner so much :)

Jaws, Savage, Beast, Creature, Monster, Balrog, Nazgul, Uruk-hai, Slasher, Slayer, Killer, you get the idea..

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Awww he is soo cute! I love people names for animals too- my dog's name is Carl ;)
How about Dave? Stanley? Norman? ;)

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Very cute little tort and i would name him 'peanut' x

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
crazy, I wish i lived by you so I could take one of those off your hands. I got the room, and Percy is pretty much on low maintenance right now - I have time for another one.

I wonder why i never find ads for these in Louisiana. People really must be killing them with poor care. It makes me sad.

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
dont know why gali was named galileo, but he sure has grown into it and i couldnt imagine him being called anything else, ( i tried to change his name when he came to live w/ me, but it didnt stick) in fact his nick name is gallup, it just fits together so well w/ his prsonality and his sulcata ways

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Cute, tort, Robyn. How nice of you. The man was probably disappointed. I once told my husband no to Sulcata because he scared me by saying that a big truck of a tortoise will rule my yard and run me over. I'm happy w/D.T.
I agree with Chad on the direction of the name...the tort with stories/history is a selling point for the new owner.
I like boo, (s)pooky, jason, kong, fang, (s)cary, mort, darth, addam or how about sullyvan? try: http://www.babynames.com/Names/spooky-names.php
or....you can go for something very affectionate and loving because he does not deserve to be abandoned:
Sugah Boogah
Sugams
Suga’pie Honey Bun
Sugar Daddy
Sugar Lips
Sugar Muffin
Sugar Pie
Sugar Plum
Sugar Puff
Sugar Puss
Sugar Smacks
Sun Beam
Sunny
Sunshine
Sweet Cheeks
Sweetheart
Sweetie
Sweetiepie Facecake
Sweetkins
Sweetness
Sweet Potato
Sweets
Sweetsie
Sweetstuff
Sweetthang
Sweetum
Sweety
...etc.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
janiedough said:
crazy, I wish i lived by you so I could take one of those off your hands. I got the room,..... I have time for another one.

I wonder why i never find ads for these in Louisiana. People really must be killing them with poor care. It makes me sad.

Janie...I am with you. There never seems to be "goodies" available on or near the coast. I did aquire a great Sulcata a couple years ago that was 14 lbs and is now 40 lbs. Everybody on here who needs to find a home for somebody lives too far from us. I am in Mississippi.

Patsy

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Sorry there are not a lot of "goodies" out there for you guys. Here on the So West Coast seems to be an abundance coming into the club. Just most DTs.

News Update: Just wanted to post another pic and give you the news.
Found a name now that I have also found him a new home. He has been dubbed Cappy (because he does look like a little bottle cap). Though I do not know if he will retain the name. He will go to his new home September 4th, 2009
This is Cappy after the show on Saturday. Guess I tuckered him out. LOL
P8160004.jpg

Madortoise

5 Year Member
;)Cool. I'm happy you found cappy a home.
Is that him groaning at some budget deficit on paper? so cute. :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Robyn, I am so glad you found Cappy a new home ( Cappy, what a lovely name for a lovely tort :D)

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great new baby Robyn - congrats!!!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Thanks all Yeah I am glad he will be going to a great new home and I will be able to keep in contact and find out how he is doing. Mado I think your are right maybe he really wasn't sleeping but groaning that his tort mom (me) took a 15% cut in pay due to our lovely Gov. and looking like he wants another 15% before he is done. :( Hopefully he won't get any more. We may all be on light green rations if it happens though. I'll just have to grow more winter veggies for us all. :)

ginger

5 Year Member
WHAT????? Bob a monster, I do not think so, just cuz he poops on his food when his mom leaves him all day, well I don't think I would do that, but then he knows his mom is gonna give him a second plate. I will be talking to Bob tomorrow when I come to pick you up so we can go hang out for the day, I will tell Bob that he has to be good for you.

maggie3fan said:
He's lighter then most Sulcata. Is he hard? The plastron shot looks odd, but I don't know why. He's cute, too bad I know what monsters they become.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.