just found group that watches HSUS

turtlemanfla88

HUMANE WATCH.ORG keeping a watchful eye on the Humane Society of the United States.
I will give up my turtles and tortoises right after I give up my guns not!.
For anyone who thinks HSUS wants us to keep turtles and tortoises go to HSUS website go under statement of wild animals.
I think we all need to be aware of what is going on all over the United States not just were we live.
Soon in Clearwater Florida they are trying to ban keeping of any snakes or lizards over four or five foot.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Thanks for the tip.

Few people in our community realize the threat these people pose to us. Some of the people on this forum even donate money to these sort of groups because they mistakenly believe that these radical organizations are actually helping animals, when in fact its just the opposite.

Joining USARK will also go a long way toward fighting these people who would see our passion banned.

Turtlepete

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Yeah, the HSUS has long-since been disgusting. Sadly, they probably aren't on the terrorist watch list by the FBI and USDA, like PETA so appropriately earned the honor of. Airing heartbreaking commercials of abused and abandoned cats and dogs to pull on some innocent person's heart strings, when in reality just about none of the donations fund actually helping animals.
I like this part, "I will give up my turtles and tortoises right after I give up my guns not!" ;). Agreed!

turtlemanfla88

Tom and turtlepete,
I have a friend who lives in Orlando he is a turtle person and said it is all over the news over there. PETA is trying to shut Sea World down.
I agree about USARK. I am an outdoors guy and I explain to people that Ducks Unlimited does more for wild turtles then any of these so-called organization that protect animals. Common sense is not so common I love that quote. If you protect any animal ,but not its habitat/enviroment the animal will suffer and not make it.