Status
Not open for further replies.

luck102573

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
N2TORTS said:
TORTOMANIA said:
i wonder if it's caused by inbreeding, like in whitetail deer. they will start to marble and eventually down the line turn all white.
I have witnessed these beutiful animals with my own eyes.

HUH? ..... Inbreeding? ....ummmm no..but if you do select animals that have these traits and breed them together " of course the chances of the marbeling trait will show. Its called Genectics ...and pulling a recessive gene is in this case the " marbeling". Since most cherrys/rf's ...are darker in color .
In humans ... here might be an example.
If everyone in your family for the past 4 generations has had brown hair and brown eyes, but your new little sister comes out with green eyes, the gene that caused the green eyes are the recessive gene. It is the gene that is not dominate.
If she mates with a Green eyed male ...Most likely their baby would have green eyes.... and so on .....
fun huh ?:p

luck102573 said:
I got that new red foot and they were not sure if it was a cherry head. How will I be able to tell? Do I have to wait till it gets bigger to find out.

Post a pic of the plastron ... is one way we can help . There are other tell tell signs.....but thats a great start!
JD~:)

Thanks JD. I'll get one taken tomorrow and post it in the redfoots section. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.