Joshua Tree Reptile Haven

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
Now WE understand why the CTTC sucks. This one came from a main person in the CTTC, it was mistreated to say the least. It makes us just work harder to do everything we can to become “The Rescue” that is needed, not be another animal hoarder.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Subscribed!

You mean the CTTC person raised it that way? Or they were a middle-man on it? that's awful

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Subscribed!

You mean the CTTC person raised it that way? Or they were a middle-man on it? that's awful
He was kept in her kitchen for a long time. The previous owner neglected him as well. So 2 owners, 1 being the CTTC. We couldn’t believe it, front door opens the unmistakable smell of animals in the house (ya know that terrible smell), then she pushes him out the door.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
WOW what a different world we live in now, our lives 6 months ago was so boring...Ha .. Ha. As the number of loved ones increases and it seems the time on the clock decreases our lives are becoming a blur of scutes and scales. I don't see us at a point where we're not in immediate need of more pens but I'm looking forward to it. Who knew a tort rescue would turn us into " City Builders !" We have put the 501(c)3 on a temporary hold, all is fine we are just wanting to tie up any "loose ends." The county has decided we need a "Conditional Use Permit" for OUR land, as well as a public hearing with the board. I've already been working on my "Yes sir" or "Yes Ma'am" response and tone. The CTTC doesn't need this (or have it) because the animals are at different locations, not more than 11 at any location...Uhhhh BullSH$t. We know of several locations with WELL OVER 40 Torts or Turtles and yet no permit needed. It looks like once all this is done we will be the ONLY Tortoise /Turtle Rescue in our county, an we know of none that are all volunteer (no paid employees). I am very proud of all the work we have done to get this accomplished as well as provide the animals in our care comfort and happiness. We will not be open to the public (just to much red tape and requirements) but my new favorite saying is "We are open to the private."
I want to thank you guys for being there for us always, there is no way this could be done without the patience and help from all of you.