Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good evening everyone!

Angie you must be exhausted after your class and I'm glad you feel you're making progress. I'm sorry you had a bad night as well but I hope you have a better night to come. Today was a lot better than yesterday as I got very wet and I had to dry my anorak, gloves and shoes. Jacky spent about two hours outside and it was good to see her stretch her legs but she was ready for bed when put her back in the enclosure. I only turned the lights out when I got in at 8 pm.

Sue I hope Dickie ate something today but they say that it will get warmer next week so maybe so this should encourage her. I think she's probably also still settling into her new surroundings. I remember when Daisy had her first and I was unable to hibernate her in 2021. She seemed to have no trouble eating inside but last year when Jacky became ill after having trouble hibernating I had trouble getting her to eat inside because like Dickie she was used to eating outside. The only way I could get her to know that the food was there was to try and get her mouth open and put it in. I did this in the safest possible way and Jacky was able to nibble the pink thing that was holding the lettuce. I did have to do a similar thing to get her eating this year but I had no where near as much trouble as last year.

I hope Dickie's next injection goes well and that she feels okay. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can get Jacky to see the sea like Zola when it gets warmer and I can carry her a short distance in an appropriate pet carrier. Angie have you heard anymore about those Aldabras at all.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - Richard has sent me this amazing photo of Zola's breakwater. It is on the right, and goes on behind the rocks - there is a person standing on it,towards the right - really tiny, so you can get an idea of the scale of the whole thing ! And another tiny one in a red coat in the middle of the picture, near the bottom edge.
Angie x`r61k.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - I hope all is well with you and Jacky. Zola went for a long walk on the breakwater this afternoon, and was quite tired when he got back. He probably feels much better - yesterday he was in a very restless mood, but it was too cold and windy to take him for a walk.
I expect Jacky would like to see the sea, though obviously not walk on the sand ! Do you think she likes meeting new people ? Zola stretches his neck out and really looks at them, which is often a surprise for them, as they don't expect to be looked in the eye like that ! He must have met thousands of people over the years.
I am having a bit of trouble with my headaches, and am really looking forward to the new pills - it would be nice if I could start them by my birthday in July. Of course, they may not work on me - they don't on everyone.
Lots of love to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy, and to all our forum friends from Angie and Zola xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone,

Those are stunning photos Angie. We don't have breakwaters like that here but we do have the cliffs and I can of some quiet areas for Jacky. I remember Jacky and Daisy sticking their necks out to my nephew for the first time and he was very wary although he loved them

Anyway we had a bit of sun later in the day but by that time Jacky was ready for bed. I did get out to lunch at the Cliffs Pavilion but Sherman, Dickie, Zola, Sapphire, PeeWee, Seymour, Sally, Squirt and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY (@Chefdenoel and @MenagerieGrl) look what I saw on the pavement on the way and I saw another one nearer the seafront. I have never seen a green snail before!

Angie I hope you feel better soon do you think you should see your doctor?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy IMG20240428122242.jpgIMG20240428122319.jpg

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Good evening everyone,

Those are stunning photos Angie. We don't have breakwaters like that here but we do have the cliffs and I can of some quiet areas for Jacky. I remember Jacky and Daisy sticking their necks out to my nephew for the first time and he was very wary although he loved them

Anyway we had a bit of sun later in the day but by that time Jacky was ready for bed. I did get out to lunch at the Cliffs Pavilion but Sherman, Dickie, Zola, Sapphire, PeeWee, Seymour, Sally, Squirt and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY (@Chefdenoel and @MenagerieGrl) look what I saw on the pavement on the way and I saw another one nearer the seafront. I have never seen a green snail before!

Angie I hope you feel better soon do you think you should see your doctor?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy View attachment 369800View attachment 369801
Garrryyyy! ?????

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola, Dickie, Sherman, Sapphire, Seymour, Sally, Squirt and GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY,

I was outside enjoying the sun until I needed to come in for a smoke 🤣🤣🤣🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢.

Jacky IMG20240429130026.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I'm sorry this is late but I've had to deal with a pushy parent. I have been teaching for thirty-three years and there's always one! I better go now but I'd like to know if Angie had to deal with pushy parents?

Goodnight everyone

Natrah