Ivy safe????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Is Ivy a safe plant to have in my RT's enclosure???? I've attached pics of it; bought it at Meijer yesterday and so far she has shown no interest in eating it. It's in a hanging basket which I hung to the side of her wall and she likes to hide under it occasionally.

Attachments

• DSCF1407[1].JPG
    DSCF1407[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
  • DSCF1406[1].JPG
    DSCF1406[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 45

arotester

5 Year Member
I guess it's not safe and you need to find some other plant in there.Check this out for confirmation Is Ivy plant good or bad??
You can try spider plant in there as it's safe and also it can be a good hiding place for your tort. :)

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
arotester said:
I guess it's not safe and you need to find some other plant in there.Check this out for confirmation Is Ivy plant good or bad??
You can try spider plant in there as it's safe and also it can be a good hiding place for your tort. :)

Yikes! Thanks for the link, arotester!

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Ivy is very poisonous!
I'd try something else, like a pothos plant... you can google it. :) Should be easy to find.

gieseygirly said:
Is Ivy a safe plant to have in my RT's enclosure???? I've attached pics of it; bought it at Meijer yesterday and so far she has shown no interest in eating it. It's in a hanging basket which I hung to the side of her wall and she likes to hide under it occasionally.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
biochemnerd808 said:
Ivy is very poisonous!
I'd try something else, like a pothos plant... you can google it. :) Should be easy to find.

gieseygirly said:

Thanks for the pointer. What about Jade? I had a fake plant in her box once and had to take it out because she kept trying to eat it. After looking @ various plants in stores, I noticed the fake plant resembled Jade. Is that safe for tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.