Is this type of weed bad for sulcatas?

Jenblalock003

I think it's a Woodsorrel? I heard not to feed them these. Is this correct?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 54

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Can't tell from that pic. What sort of flower does it produce? If its little yellow 1 inch trumpets, then its oxalis and you shouldn't feed it. Its not deadly toxic or anything, but its very high in oxalates, which bind up dietary calcium and make it unavailable to the tortoise.

Jenblalock003

Tom said:
Can't tell from that pic. What sort of flower does it produce? If its little yellow 1 inch trumpets, then its oxalis and you shouldn't feed it. Its not deadly toxic or anything, but its very high in oxalates, which bind up dietary calcium and make it unavailable to the tortoise.

It just started getting warmer again so not sure if there are yellow flowers or not, however, I used a plant app to identify it and it does say that it produces yellow flowers so I'll stay away from those. Ty!!!!

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
I am no expert, but the heart shaped leaf makes me believe that it is oxalis (wood sorrel). Clover has a rounded leaf.

Jenblalock003

Dizisdalife said:
I am no expert, but the heart shaped leaf makes me believe that it is oxalis (wood sorrel). Clover has a rounded leaf.

I think you are exactly right! I'm also feeding them this (pic below) think it's wild geranium think that's ok though?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 37