Is this shell rot?

Ruttelini

Location (City and/or State)
Carabobo
I've been treating my tortoise from a fungus in it's plastron for two weeks now. He has recovered very well, I've been applying betadine, chlorhexedine and clotrimazole (betadine just for the first three days). But it still has a black spot on the center of it's plastron, i'm worried it could be shell rot

Attachments

• IMG_20240206_144214_385.jpg
    IMG_20240206_144214_385.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240211_004524_222.jpg
    IMG_20240211_004524_222.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240217_020754_627.jpg
    IMG_20240217_020754_627.jpg
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 5

Ruttelini

Carabobo
Yes.
It is.
AHLETES FOOT CREAM is all that's needed.
It will quickly work.
The black mark is just the umbilical scar. It's normal and it no cause for concern
Thank you for responding. Should I keep cleaning with chlorhexedine and substitute the clotrimazole cream for athletes foot cream? Should I find one with an specific component or any one could do?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Just use the Athletes foot cream
Any brand.
I get mine at the local Dollar store.
Chlorohexedine would only be required for more severe damage. And even then, only one application is needed. More than that will slow down the healing process
Thank you for responding. Should I keep cleaning with chlorhexedine and substitute the clotrimazole cream for athletes foot cream? Should I find one with an specific component or any one could do?

Ruttelini

Carabobo
Any brand.
Chlorohexedine would only be required for more severe damage. And even then, only one application is needed. More than that will slow down the healing process
Okay, then i will just apply the athlete foot cream. Thank you!!

Ruttelini

Carabobo
Any brand.
I went to the drugstore and found a cream with terbinafine as its active component, there were various options with different components but in the drugstore they recommended me this one. I hope it's the right one

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I went to the drugstore and found a cream with terbinafine as its active component, there were various options with different components but in the drugstore they recommended me this one. I hope it's the right one
I'm not aware of a cream designed to kill fungus that doesn't work.