Is my red foot growth ok???

Status
Not open for further replies.

apromann4

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
philippines
I got torti last yr. Around november, he is almost 3" at that time, now he's 3.80" is his growth rate okay??

Sent from my S100 using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1370333263739.jpg
    1370333263739.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 76

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tortoises grow at their own pace. Hard to say what size they should be at different ages. As long as she is eating and growing she growing good. The do have growth spurts now and then during the year when they will grow a little more.

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
Thanks, around May until now he has growth spurts, from nov. Last yr to april very minimal growth, since i got my second rf, he start eating more than what he's eating last yr, that the time he start he' s growth spurts, how i wish to find he gender soon, maybe he is a she hehe n he's name torti did not match hehe thank thanks

abclements

5 Year Member
That seems a little slow to me, mine has grown just over an inch in about 7 months. But like Barb said above, they all grow at their own rate. But it's good that he's going through growth spurts now!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
As long as there is growth it is good. If there was no growth there would be reason for concern. I would say, you need to either increase humidity, or fix the diet, exercise..there is pyramiding going on.

apromann4

5 Year Member
philippines
Exercise? How? After they eat they walk around a bit, then they burrow themselves in the substrate, cocopeat with moss, temps here in our country is 27 celcuis to 31 , humidity i don't know, i don' t have a devise for measuring, its hard to find reptile supplies here, but i spray the rfs twice a day, i do keep half part of the enclosure moist, spray also twice a day

Sent from my S100 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.