is it normal for my young marginated tort to keep his "man parts" out all the time?

ABzoo

He is about 2, I have brought him to the vet twice and she is baffled, I contacted the breeder who again had no ideas? Hoping to get some feed back. Thanks.

ABzoo

welcome to the forum! your tort might have a really bad injury, called a prolapse. can you post some pics please?
just woke him up... added pictures. I don't know how he could have been injured, we got him as a hatchling, and this has just started, have had him about 2 years? We also have a female libera that is 3 in the same cage?

ABzoo

it can go back in, it has before, but then it comes back out?

ABzoo

I will call the vet to see if I can get him in today, funny thing about living in MINNEsnowta, torts are not so common for a pet. Thank you to all, will keep you updated.

Amy

ABzoo

Update: after looking at other posts about I applied honey last night, he looked much better today, he kept it in most of the day, brought him to the vet. Not exactly a prolapse, as the tissue is healthy, but recommended removing him from the enclosure with the female tort we also have. Also took Tom's advise, (not pairs and not mixed breeds) and the vet is going to adopt him:>).

Thank you for all the information, as a newbie to torts, it has been most helpful.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Update: after looking at other posts about I applied honey last night, he looked much better today, he kept it in most of the day, brought him to the vet. Not exactly a prolapse, as the tissue is healthy, but recommended removing him from the enclosure with the female tort we also have. Also took Tom's advise, (not pairs and not mixed breeds) and the vet is going to adopt him:>).

Thank you for all the information, as a newbie to torts, it has been most helpful.
Thank you for the update and very glad that he is OK.

And here is my late Welcome! ! ! !