Is he too small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grettas mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
So I have decided to definetely get a friend for Gretta and we finally got our new red foot in at the Petsmart where I work. It is an adorable, healthy little redfoot. :) I measured the little guy today and it is 4.5 inches in length. Now, Gretta is almost 7 inches, is she too big to be friends with the little guy?

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Too much of a difference. The little one will not have a fair shot at food and may get hurt due to the size disparity. Sorry.

-JM

5 Year Member
well they should be kept separate for about 90 days ANYWAY just for a safety quarantine. After 90 days you can put them together (maybe still feed them separately) and watch closely to see how they interact. There's always a possibility that they won't get along though so be prepared to house them apart forever. I feel like that's true regardless of size though. Size just gives one an advantage in this situation.

IMO.

grettas mom

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Ok. I sort of figured it was too much of a size difference. I just thought Id double check with the members of the forum. Thats sad though, this RF is sooo adorable, I really wanted to give is a good forever home.

-JM

5 Year Member
yeah you can't say it's "sooooo adorable" and then not share. Seriously.
<3

grettas mom

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Sorry guys, I dont have any pics cuz the baby is at work. I will try to sneak some pics at work 2mrw but im not too sure Ill be able to get away with it. Ill give it my best shot though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.