Bonjour

EccoGalaxy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I decided to join this forum since I have a Tortoise pet named Gretta. I had Gretta since my birthday at December last year which is quite recent. She has been settling in her new home, and often likes to eat purple lettuce and cabbage. I heard she was also born around June 2016.

She's also a Horsefield Tortoise too, which I believe is part of the Russian Tortoise category I think. I also have a pet Pug too, which encouraged me to join Pugvillage forum, so I thought I'd join a Tortoise forum too. I may post new photographs of her occasionally.

DSCF4367.JPG

I've also created artwork of Gretta too, including this:

Gretta Artwork.png

IMG_20161216_105309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Yes, Gretta is a Russian. Cute one too. Feed less cabbage and more dark leafy greens/weeds. Is you post a pic of her enclosure, we can help you get everything just right incase it isn't for Gretta to live long and healthy.
Love your art work. Very talented.

EccoGalaxy

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Thank u everyone for ur replies and welcoming me. I attached a photograph of the home. It's a basic home that came with the Tortoise. (The living room isn't as dark as it looks in the photograph, I think it is lighting issues with my camera). I sometimes add weed/dandelions too, and I hope lettuce is good too. I think every 4 days (or twice a week) we add calcium powder to the tortoise's food. When I researched I saw that adding calcium powder to the food may help prevent pyramiding and I hope it works. I also bathe Gretta every 2 days for 10+ minutes.

The home has a water bowl too. I have a feeling I might need a bigger water bowl for her though but not too steep. Gretta is also around 6 months old so she's still a baby. I also attached a more recent photograph of Gretta today.

I may create more artwork of Gretta soon.

DSCF4378.JPG DSCF4379.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Greta would be better served with this type of UVB light:

T-5 fluorescent bulb.jpg

The kind you have sometimes burns baby tortoise's eyes. They should not be used at all.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome to the forum!

Do take the time to read the care sheets; they will help you give Gretta a long and healthy life. :)