TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Hi Yusef:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

My grandson has a gecko. Its a pretty nice little lizard!

Are you thinking about getting a tortoise?

romiso

5 Year Member
New Jersey

Hi
I'm glad to be part of tortoise forum.
I have had Yohan, my African Leopard tortoise for 12 years now he is pretty healthy and very active. :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi romiso:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV

Hello Romiso and welcome to the forum...

sldean

5 Year Member

wrmitchell22 said:
Hi, sorry, I live in Southern AZ, between Tucson and Mexico :) My name is Jenn. My Sulcata is about 2 months and is awesome, he is active and eats and drinks well. Great little guy!

Gracie, do you live near me? How exciting!

Hi, Jenn. Actually, I'm across the state from you, near the California border. My little gal is kind of confused, because I travel a lot. She's a great traveler, comes out and watches the world go by from her elevated perch in the back of the station wagon, but when I go to a cooler climate, she wants to go to sleep. When I get back to AZ, she wakes up and is very active and very hungry. The heat lamp and UV lamp don't seem to compensate for the climate changes. When we're home in AZ she has a large grassy area in which to to roam around outside, so she gets plenty of exercise and sunshine.

Savannah

5 Year Member

Hi! I'm in Myakka (near Sarasota) and have 6 sulcatas (3 are 200+lbs). I've had them all for 11 years, but don't know how old they are. Really happy to find this forum. I was searching a question about using tortoise poo for composting and found you.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona

Savannah said:
Hi! I'm in Myakka (near Sarasota) and have 6 sulcatas (3 are 200+lbs). I've had them all for 11 years, but don't know how old they are. Really happy to find this forum. I was searching a question about using tortoise poo for composting and found you.

Welcome, pictures, pictures please :D I have a tiny 2 month old Sulcata so I would love to see some big ones??

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts

Savannah said:

Hi Myakka welcome to the TFO:) Can you post some pic's of your sullys? we would love to see them :D

LucyS

5 Year Member

Hello! I am a now the proud owner of a desert tortoise hatchling I recently acquired from a less-than-ideal situation. Whew! I have been reading everything I can get my hands on to learn how to keep this baby healthy and happy. So glad to have found the Forum!

:tort: LucyS in Phoenix, AZ

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona

LucyS said:
Hello! I am a now the proud owner of a desert tortoise hatchling I recently acquired from a less-than-ideal situation. Whew! I have been reading everything I can get my hands on to learn how to keep this baby healthy and happy. So glad to have found the Forum!

Welcome fellow Arizonan :D we are lucky to live in a great place for torts!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Savannah said:

Hi Savannah:

Welcome to the forum!!

Is Savannah your username or your real name?

I'd love to see some pictures of your big tortoises.

LucyS said:

Hi LucyS:

May we call you Lucy?

Welcome to the forum!!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV

LucyS said:

Hello and welcome to the forum and congrats on the CDT

Snow-Belle

5 Year Member

I live in Minnesota and just received a Russian Tortoise as a belated Mother's Day present. I just recently lost my Box Turtle of 17 years (my vet thinks it could have been old age, since he thought my box turtle was at least a good 10-15 years old when I got him). I admit, I am overwhelmed...so much more to taking care of a tortoise...I hope I am up to the challenge. Right now my biggest concern is I cannot get my tortoise to eat...it's going on 2 weeks and despite all my efforts, my tortoise has not eaten a thing. My son got the tortoise at (I know, NOT the best place) PetCo...Unfortunately no local breeders or rescues that I could find.:( I am frantic....:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Snow-Belle:

Welcome to the forum!

May we know your name?

It would be best if you were to ask your question in the Russian Tortoise section of the forum. That way you will be assured of receiving plenty of Russian tortoise help.

Snow-Belle

5 Year Member

emysemys said:
Hi Snow-Belle:

Welcome to the forum!

May we know your name?

It would be best if you were to ask your question in the Russian Tortoise section of the forum. That way you will be assured of receiving plenty of Russian tortoise help.

My name is Michele.... I'm just figuring out this forum so if I posted in the wrong section mea culpa!

My name is Michele.... and I am just figuring out this forum...so if I posted in wrong area, mea culpa!

Status
Not open for further replies.