Introduction and Sulcata Enclosure Ideas Needed

FredtheTortoise

Hi I am new member to the TortoiseForum community although I have been looking at the site for years now looking for information I needed and I found all I need to know about caring for my shelled friend and I finally decided to become a member of this amazing group of tortoise fanatics. I am located in the Southern US and during the colder months would like to prepare my 10” 4 year old Sulcata an outdoor enclosure. He does have a sunning enclosure for the warmer days during the year with a secure lid so the creatures such as raccoons and bobcats which frequent the woods near my home can’t reach my tortoise. I would like to prepare him a permanent home for during the summer months and that is why I am posting this. I would like anyone and everyone’s input on this matter. I would like plan ideas (lengths and sizes) and pictures of your enclosures that worked also I would like some necessary accessories. Thank you in advance for your help on this project.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
upload_2014-11-5_16-55-46.png

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Welcome. I'd say a lot depends on how much room and space you have available in your garden for your sully's enclosure, coupled with perhaps how much you want to spend. There are lots of ideas in the enclosures section. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/ideas-for-outdoor-enclosures.65797/

Since you say you live in the "southern us" - thats a wide range of weather conditions.

Good luck, take some pix of the area u have available and of ur Sully and let us see. Regards.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Welcome to the forum. This is the great place to learn and share.

Good to have you here. Browse through the forum you will get lots good idea.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

One of our moderators has put together a thread comprised of pictures from several members, showing their habitats/enclosures. Take a look at the pinned threads at the top of the Enclosure section for "Ideas For Outdoor Enclosures"