Interested in a Redfoot

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome
Do yourself and your new tortoise a giant favor and first decide on a specific species (Such as a Redfoot) and start collecting everything you'll need for it. Have the entire enclosure, heating UVB lighting, etc set up and ready to go beforehand.
Tortoises have special needs. Especially a Redfoot.
You don't want to just jump into the hobby without being prepared. And you might have a difficult time finding anyone willing to rehome or sell a tortoise to someone that may not be ready.
What do you have ready to go?
Let us help you prepare.

Jessica816

Stephenville m, TX
I would be prepared before i got it for sure! I’ve been doing my research. I was going to make an enclosure under our trees that also get some breakthrough sun next to our well house. In the winter he can through the doggy door into the well house into a safe pen with lights??? Bad plan?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I would be prepared before i got it for sure! I’ve been doing my research. I was going to make an enclosure under our trees that also get some breakthrough sun next to our well house. In the winter he can through the doggy door into the well house into a safe pen with lights??? Bad plan?
No. Far from it!
An outdoors pen is the very best type of plan.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Welcome.......

Go and look for whatever kind of little guy you decide to care for, Redfoot?...there are care sheets written in nearly every subfolder.....they are the real deal. The sheets will get you "educated" about how to setup each space(heights and types of lights for instance), then ask as many questions you may have. Hint, hint- pics are a big hit here<lol>

They(pics) also really help some of the really sharp folks here help to keep you from making a fatal flaw....by mistake. That has been my observation from other sections of this forum, I do not own a tortoise nor pretend to know how to care for them(I have a box turtle)....but I do pay attention and there have been avoidable heartbreaks.

good luck!