Indian roofed turtle

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
assam-roofed-turtle-kachuga-sylhetensis-fourteen-basking-on-log-kaziranga-national-park-assam-india-endangered-species-W7XMCF.jpg

Critically-Endangered-Three-striped-Roof-Turtles-Batagur-dhongoka-slated-for-release-at.png

assam-roof-turtles-basking-stock-photo__k21755158.jpg

DSC0068_ncg2xk.jpg

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Thx everyone, mission successful! I just let Smaller one explore home for about 3 hrs and then it ate 3 pellets(probably pet shop owner has feeded it). Don't know they both just find a way to find each other. Still both wants to be together. Now smaller one is putting it's hand on bigger one's shell🤣. I probably had got a male and a female(one has thick and one has large tail)
A Turtle has to get used to a new environment. Add some fake plants for them to hide in.

They're usually stressed out and reluctant to eat. Decent set up for now, but your going to need a much bigger tank. That way, they have room to get away from one another.

Also, spread the food out through the tank when feeding and not one spot.

You also need filtration and proper lighting. Turtles rely on a heat source to warm themselves up so they can eat and digest food properly. So get a heat bulb. They also need uv lighting which comes from the sun. This ensures they don't get metabolic bone disease and their shells grow smooth.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Mr turtle1

India
Is that the smallest one? Is the wound open? That might be a bite from the other if they haven't been separated yet.
@Yvonne G how would you care for that wound?
No I hv saperated them. I may have missed this yesterday. This is smaller one. It's skin is like saperated.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
absolutely it can heal , i've seen way worse resolved ..... some random stuff i've used in the past , betadine , chlorhexadine, malachite green or acriflavine, those inhibit fungal and bacterial infections , and giving it a chance to dry up by dry docking them a couple hours a day ..... ive soaked them in aquarium fluconizole , also used aquarium doxycycline ..... i believe roofed turtles are tolerant of brackish water , a little aquarium salt in their tank i doubt would be harmful and may be beneficial if it's fungal ....... i did have a turtle that had a skin infection that outwardly looked way worse than your pic , she required systemic antibiotics as well as the chlorhexadine and dry docking .... she did well and is doing well 5-6yrs later .....

Mr turtle1

India
absolutely it can heal , i've seen way worse resolved ..... some random stuff i've used in the past , betadine , chlorhexadine, malachite green or acriflavine, those inhibit fungal and bacterial infections , and giving it a chance to dry up by dry docking them a couple hours a day ..... ive soaked them in aquarium fluconizole , also used aquarium doxycycline ..... i believe roofed turtles are tolerant of brackish water , a little aquarium salt in their tank i doubt would be harmful and may be beneficial if it's fungal ....... i did have a turtle that had a skin infection that outwardly looked way worse than your pic , she required systemic antibiotics as well as the chlorhexadine and dry docking .... she did well and is doing well 5-6yrs later .....
Is this shell rot? Can I put them in a reef tank(1.012 salinity) for few minutes for bath? Thinking of starting another thread as this one is getting too long20230425_193312.jpg