If you are attending The National Reptile Breeders Expo stop by our table and say hi.

turtlemanfla88

I will be attending turtle night on Friday day for a little while until my 10 and 11 year old wants to go swimming or something else. I will be at The Turtle and Tortoise Club of Florida table so, come by and say hi.

Thanks,
mark

voodoochild

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa FL
I told my wife we could go to Napa before checking the calendar. :-(

turtlemanfla88

My wife is not into Herps at all. She thinks it is cool that my daughter and son enjoy it. Last night she yelled for me to get a red rat snake off the front porch so she could get in the front door.Last year I finally let them dig up eggs and put them in the incubator we had 100% hatch rate i never had 100% and i am in my forties. I joke with them about renting them out as successful egg diggers/collectors for other people (haha).with all this rain we have been finding a lot of snakes.
Voodoochild when we got married we went to Las Vegas and had fun.She told me no reptiles on this trip well it did not work we went to UNLV and I got see desert tortoises,rattlesnakes,and Gila monsters both types. I still wanted to go herping and road crusing it did not happen.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
My wife is not into Herps at all. She thinks it is cool that my daughter and son enjoy it. Last night she yelled for me to get a red rat snake off the front porch so she could get in the front door.Last year I finally let them dig up eggs and put them in the incubator we had 100% hatch rate i never had 100% and i am in my forties. I joke with them about renting them out as successful egg diggers/collectors for other people (haha).with all this rain we have been finding a lot of snakes.
Voodoochild when we got married we went to Las Vegas and had fun.She told me no reptiles on this trip well it did not work we went to UNLV and I got see desert tortoises,rattlesnakes,and Gila monsters both types. I still wanted to go herping and road crusing it did not happen.
Did you stop and think before moving the snake ? To let the wife in the house ! Smile I would have !

voodoochild

10 Year Member!
Tampa FL
Gilas!!! Coolest reptiles in North America and one of the coolest in the world.

I love going to the Daytona show. It was my first show back when it was in Orlando. I was probably 14 at the time. One of the happiest days of my life.

turtlemanfla88

I am in my forties now . I went to the first one in Orlando in 1990. My last time at National Reptile Breeders Expo with my wife was our daughter was when she was eight-months old and Hurricane Charlie came through. Our daughter sleep through the whole night after that wife said I am done with show.
Tortadise maybe one day we can get you and Yvoone G, Tom, Grandpa turtle etc to come to Florida and meet and what else talk about turtles and tortoises.

turtlemanfla88

Grandpa Turtle in her defense I have been finding a lot of Pigmy rattlesnakes I found a gravid
Female and took it into the woods the other day. I do not like spiders and we have a lot of widows Browns and Blacks no red-widows.
Funny story she brought me a Fla Chicken turtle that got hit on the road well when she was driving it got out of the box and was trying to bite her. I got her to the vet and she recovered fine.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I am in my forties now . I went to the first one in Orlando in 1990. My last time at National Reptile Breeders Expo with my wife was our daughter was when she was eight-months old and Hurricane Charlie came through. Our daughter sleep through the whole night after that wife said I am done with show.
Tortadise maybe one day we can get you and Yvoone G, Tom, Grandpa turtle etc to come to Florida and meet and what else talk about turtles and tortoises.
That would be awesome. This year and the next will be incredibly busy for me. I've canceled all international trips and locale too. I purchased some property in South Texas. The zoo build commences and have to open it up as soon as I can. Gonna be fun though. I'd like to hold conferences and have specialty turtle tours. 40 minute drive and the sea turtle place is there too. I've been talking with them as well doing a turtle ordeal. Gonna take over south tx with turtles baby :)

turtlemanfla88

That sounds really awesome. One day I will make it out that way . I want to see your place the pics you posted are nice. Rain in FLA is bad this year. One good thing is my best breeder Kwung-Tung / Nigricans female is up on land getting ready to lay.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
I will be attending the Expo as well. Look for me at Dave Rostal's table. Say hi and check out the Radiated tortoises.

turtlemanfla88

Has not happened yet August 21-23. Friday is the turtle night where you have speakers that give presentations on turtles and tortoises. I do not know the times go to the website. National Reptile Breeders Expo will give you all the information.
Man i would love to go to Morocco and see all the turtles and tortoises.
I will give an update after the expo.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Has not happened yet August 21-23. Friday is the turtle night where you have speakers that give presentations on turtles and tortoises. I do not know the times go to the website. National Reptile Breeders Expo will give you all the information.
Man i would love to go to Morocco and see all the turtles and tortoises.
I will give an update after the expo.
Thanks.
Unfortunately, finding tortoises and turtles in the wild here is becoming increasingly difficult.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Is it collecting? eating them?. In Florida gopher tortoises are always getting ran over i am always stopping and holding up traffic to save them.
Collecting and selling for the pet trade, the manufacture of mandolins and fire bellows.
Export was prohibited, so the price dropped and they are sold to Moroccans as toys for children, easily replaced when one gets broken.