I want a surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
Is it sick that I want my tort to show me his penis?

I mean I want to know his sex already! (notice how i say this and still refer to him as a he?)

I've just come to know him that I can't imagine calling HIM anything different.

At the end of the summer, at which point he will have hopefully grown two more inches, I am going to turn him over, take pictures of his anal scutes and have you lovely people tell me what you think.

It will be my little surprise until he shows me the real thing!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I think Percival is a little older than my guys and I just got a "show" very recently. Sadly, though I needed girls not boys. Now I have too many boys!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Janie, Are you just curious (he he) to see him (just teasing here- humor guys humor). I know how important it can be to know if you have a he or a she. Do you plan on breeding him? Would you love him any less if he turns out to be Madam Percival? Remember what they say, "curiosity kills the cat", and "be careful what you ask for". Good luck on determining what Sir Percival is.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I can understand. I am not in a hurry to know if my Tilman is a male or a female, but I have been impatient for him to grow up. I have a feeling in a few years I will be typing, "Boy I wish Tilman was a little guy again...". It'll probally be about the time he takes down a wall. :rolleyes::D

I too am curious, if you could have him be the sex you want, would it be male or female?

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
I don't care either way - I love him just the same!

I am not interested in breeding him - not at all. I mean a selfish part of me wants sulcata babies running (or walking) around, but how many of those would grow to adulthood and have a happy life?? And I certaintly couldn't keep all of them.

Its just like if you were pregnant - you would want to know the sex of your child. I just have started really setting a personality for him, and I can't imagine re-naming him. So maybe it would be good if he stayed a boy.

Though I guess I don't need an aggressive teenager that flashes company either. So maybe a girl would be best.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
We thought our RES was a boy so we named him Gunther. Then we realized he was a she. We couldn't figure out a good girl name. Gunther just seemed to fit this turtle. So we started calling her Girly Gunther. It stuck.

Who says you will have to change the name? :)

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
DAC8671 said:
We thought our RES was a boy so we named him Gunther. Then we realized he was a she. We couldn't figure out a good girl name. Gunther just seemed to fit this turtle. So we started calling her Girly Gunther. It stuck.

Who says you will have to change the name? :)

lol - true

girly percy, lady percival

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
It would be so so weird to find out my little guy was a girl. Even though I've only had him 6 months, my fiance and him are "my boys". hehe Guess I have a couple more years to wait though.

Status
Not open for further replies.