I offered to help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
There has been a russian advertised on CL on and off for a while now. Tonight I emailed them to say that if he/she needs a new home I would be happy to help. I do not want to pay $$$ for a set up I won't use, and I don't have anything I want to trade. But it seems that they just don't want this guy anymore, so we'll see...

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Sounds like a good deal to me. Hopefully they'll be receptive to the idea. Good luck!!!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
After emailing me several times last night, I made it clear that I'm not interested in buying the tort. But would gladly give it a good home. No response, I understand wanting to recoup some of the money from the initial investment. This poor guy has been offered on CL for various things for a while now. Just sounds like he's unwanted :( I tried...

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
pugsandkids said:
After emailing me several times last night, I made it clear that I'm not interested in buying the tort. But would gladly give it a good home. No response, I understand wanting to recoup some of the money from the initial investment. This poor guy has been offered on CL for various things for a while now. Just sounds like he's unwanted :( I tried...

Seems like they are looking for money/trades and not the well being of the tort.

There has been a Russian on CL here too. $80 including a tank and all his lighting supplies. That isn't a bad deal, and it looks to be in good shape too.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sorry to hear that. It's always a shame when people decide money is more important than an animal's well-being. Oh well. At least you tried. Hopefully it'll find a good home despite the peoples' determination to "sell" it.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I hope they change their mind and make you a better offer in order to get the tortoise to a good home...

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I knew you guys would get it! I keep picturing this poor tort wondering what they will want to trade him for next.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am curious, what do they want to trade it for. That just seems strange to me.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think they should trade you that tort for some common decency. You need the tort and they need some decency, so it would be a good trade. You are a good person Sarah.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Angi said:
I am curious, what do they want to trade it for. That just seems strange to me.

Xbox 360 games at first. Now action figures I've never heard of...

Tom said:
I think they should trade you that tort for some common decency. You need the tort and they need some decency, so it would be a good trade. You are a good person Sarah.

Haha Tom, I'll email them offering to trade decency! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.