i met my first eastern box!!

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
I was riding my horse in the state park with a friend, and ironically, we were discussing that there had been a recent sighting of a box turtle in the park and someone had put a pic on the state park webpage. My friend says, "hey, there's a turtle" and sure enough, there was this beautiful male with red and black markings on the face and front legs. i got off my horse and picked him up, for sure he had a black concave plastron. he was pretty large. I got this pic, but he refused to come out of his shell, so i placed him in the exact position i found him and we left. He was gorgeous. I have grown up in the country of northeast Pa my entire life and had never seen one in the wild. i am so happy i finally did! darn i am having issues with photobucket.

Attachments

• easternboxturtmale.jpg
    easternboxturtmale.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 27

Rue

Canada
Nice tortoise! :D

I hope I can find time to just sit on my horse this weekend...

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
i wish he had been brave enough to come out, bc he sure was pretty!! I got to see him before he closed himself up.

Here is a pic of me taking a pic of Mr turtle.

Attachments

• colleentakingpicofturt.jpg
    colleentakingpicofturt.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: Rue

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Yay! I swear I started seeing turtles all over once I started keeping them. Its like when you get a new model of car and realize how many are out there because you start seeing them everywhere.

Rue

Canada
My recent experience was Fairy Gardens. I had never heard of them until 2 weeks ago. Now I swear every person I meet is bringing up the topic of Fairy Gardens...

Rue

Canada
Yes. Miniature or small growing plants together with miniature 'furniture'. You can buy kits...all kinds of things. Who knew? :D

Meanwhile, I'm planning my Tortoise Garden. It's like have my own garden gnome - just cuter! :<3: