humid hide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyyoung749

5 Year Member
Hi, guys
I have two lepoards babies and they will never use the humid hide. I made it with wooden hut and coco fir. The humidity is 60 or more and tem. is also about 85 at night. I never seen my lepoards babies in the hide for more than 2mins. One lepoard likes to go opposite side of hut and other baby likes to sleep next to hut.They like to climb top of hut and stay there for many hours but not inside. I dont know whats wrong. Please help!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Many of mine do that. Some torts love their humid hides and others would rather not use them. Seems like the more humid the rest of the enclosure is, and the more hydrated they are, the less they likely they are to spend time in their hide. It also varies with age. Mine sometimes change up periodically. Often babies won't use them, and then at some point they start using them every day.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Perhaps use some other type of container for the hide? And since they like to climb on their wood one you may want to leave that in there also.....

Suppose what I am saying is perhaps they don't think the current hide is to their liking? :D

cyyoung749

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Perhaps use some other type of container for the hide? And since they like to climb on their wood one you may want to leave that in there also.....

Suppose what I am saying is perhaps they don't think the current hide is to their liking? :D

Ya they really love climbing woods but not as hide. Mabye i should get another hide for them. Thank you

Tom said:
Many of mine do that. Some torts love their humid hides and others would rather not use them. Seems like the more humid the rest of the enclosure is, and the more hydrated they are, the less they likely they are to spend time in their hide. It also varies with age. Mine sometimes change up periodically. Often babies won't use them, and then at some point they start using them every day.

Tom said:

Im worried about them getting dehydrated so i soak them daily n also spray on their shells.Hope they use it some day. Thank tou

Status
Not open for further replies.