How to care

vicky219

Location (City and/or State)
india
How to care of tourtoise if you are not available in home atleast 3 days ??? How can feed or soak +drinking water ,pls tell me management of those day !!! I cant give them at my friend & all...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Like Melis said, it depends upon how big the tortoise is and what species.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, a baby tortoise needs attention daily. It won't do to leave it alone for three days. Can you take it with you?

vicky219

india
Like Melis said, it depends upon how big the tortoise is and what species.
Pls help one another problem my tourt dont like to eat grasses ,here available is Bermuda grass, wheat grass bet they dont eat...
Fenugreek, hibiscus leave S/flowers, aloevera, radish top never eat this good stuff (cause before buying shopkeeper never feed this good thing & now they become habit )
They love this things only all beans, cucumber,. Mashroom, okra, spinach, tamoto & pumpkin... FIRST TELL ME HOW CAN I CHANGE OLD BAD HABIT OF MY TORT

Melis

Maryland
Pls help one another problem my tourt dont like to eat grasses ,here available is Bermuda grass, wheat grass bet they dont eat...
Fenugreek, hibiscus leave S/flowers, aloevera, radish top never eat this good stuff (cause before buying shopkeeper never feed this good thing & now they become habit )
They love this things only all beans, cucumber,. Mashroom, okra, spinach, tamoto & pumpkin... FIRST TELL ME HOW CAN I CHANGE OLD BAD HABIT OF MY TORT
You have to start adding in the good food to the food he’s used to eating. Start with a small amount of good food, and gradually increase that while decreasing the bad food. Chop it all up really well so he can’t pick through it.

vicky219

india
You have to start adding in the good food to the food he’s used to eating. Start with a small amount of good food, and gradually increase that while decreasing the bad food. Chop it all up really well so he can’t pick through it.
Thanks thanks a lot ...

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
You still planning to go away? Is it that you have to leave him at your home completely alone for 3 days? Can you post a picture or two of your tortoise and his enclosure?

vicky219

india
You still planning to go away? Is it that you have to leave him at your home completely alone for 3 days? Can you post a picture or two of your tortoise and his enclosure?
No i am changing my mind actually right now...
I can go later, so no need to go now !!!
But really thank you all to help me ...