How Often Do Y ou Feed Your Torts??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayo1985

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi just wondering how often people fed their tort's? IE once a week twice a week three times...........

Thanks
Alan

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
The hatchlings and yearlings once a day, the older every other day.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Depends on the tort. As a general rule everybody gets fed daily...or atleast the chance to eat. When out in their outdoor enclosures, often the food I prepare goes uneaten as they like whatever is naturally available. If I have an underweight animal (such as the Homes hingebacks when they arrived), they often get an added little meal.

AWAaviatrix

10 Year Member!
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Depends on the tort and season.

Sulcata's and adult Leopard free graze outside from spring to mid fall. During winter they are fed large salads mixed with chopped hay every other day. They always have orchard grass hay available and will still wander outside to find some dry grass or weeds when they feel like it. Cactus pads and squashes are offered on occasion.

Indian Star's and young Leopard's are offered food in the am and again in the pm.

Misty in NM

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I feed mine small portions, twice a day.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I feed mine once a day. He is only 6 months old. He eats some of it in the morning and then comes out again in the afternoon and eats the rest.

RichardA

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Daily.

Sometimes the indoors ones will get a fasting day. Outsides get fed 3-4 times a week prepared. However they have natural foods available 24/7 in the pens.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
We feed our 7 year old Greek (guesstimate for age) twice daily.

He eats until he's full and then walks away. Since he is maintaining at about 348 grams I feel this is working for him.

(We soak him twice a week. He already pees at every meal so it seems he is getting enough water from his meals otherwise.
We do mist him every other day.)

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i feed them twice a day, in the morning (i just put it into the dish, and usually all of them suddenly wake up and go to the dish.. hehe..) and evening (before they go to sleep, or else after i clean up all of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.