how much radiation does your cell phone put off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
Findings from the largest and longest study of cell-phone use and brain cancer, which were made public in mid-May, have done nothing to clarify the issue. The 10-year study, coordinated by the International Agency for Research on Cancer in 13 countries (but not the United States), looked at more than 7,400 people with brain tumors and compared their cell-phone use to about 12,000 similar people without tumors. Researchers conclude that overall, cell-phone users did not show an increased risk of tumors. About one-fourth of the study’s funding came from industry sources.

As soon as results from the so-called Interphone study hit the wires, the spin began. Federal agencies—the National Cancer Institute and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration—were among those discounting increased risk of brain tumors. Others took the researchers’ suggestion that heavy cell-phone users—30 minutes or more per day for at least 10 years—might be as much as 40 percent more likely to get a tumor called glioma, as an argument for caution, if not alarm.

http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/content?oid=1433703

here is a guide to check your phone
Link to start at
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

sartwo.jpg

sarthree.jpg

sarfour.jpg

sarfive.jpg

sar6.jpg

chadk

10 Year Member!
I just put mine on top of my lunch to heat it up instead of using the microwave :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I used to think they were cancer machines, but how long now have we had cell phones around? 15, 20 years, and I have not seen any increase in brain or ear cancer. I would say they are safe but I am not a doctor so please do not take it as gospel, I don't want to get sued. :)

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
chadk said:
I just put mine on top of my lunch to heat it up instead of using the microwave :)

Amazing! I suped up mine so I can use it as a microwave weapon during a zombie attack. My brain may get cancer, but it won't get eaten by the undead!

But like most things, don't cell phones only cause cancer in Californians? ;)

Then again, I almost hope the cancer thing is true... people who can't figure out how to hang up and drive deserve to have their brains liquefy.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
What's with all the hate to californians?

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
I don't think anyone hates Californians, but aren't there signs everywhere saying something like: "WARNING: This product contains ... known to the State of California to cause cancer..."

Non-Californians think statements of this nature are curiously funny.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
well we have a law in california (thanks nanny state) that says if anything has even the slightest link to causing cancer, then it must be labeled, since technically almost everything causes cancer, we label almost everything sold here. I honestly think it would save time and money if we just labeled stuff that did not cause cancer, umm air and water I believe.

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
RichardS said:
Non-Californians think statements of this nature are curiously funny.
Richard is right in his interpretation. I don't bear any animosity towards Californians in general, but I do find the cancer statements quite amusing.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
well for the record I did not make that rule

chadk

10 Year Member!
No doubt. I once bought a tortoise from california with that label on it! ;)

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
chadk said:
No doubt. I once bought a tortoise from california with that label on it! ;)
You all think he is joking, dont't you?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hahaha, only I think air and water also cause cancer. :rolleyes:

I still think cancer is caused by a whole lot of small exposures to carcinogens adding up and pushing those cells over the mutation threshold. I also think individual susceptibility plays a huge role, which is why some smokers live to be 100, while some non-smokers die young from lung cancer.

A

Acecare

There is still an issue of using cellphone can cause cancer. However, the rate is very low. However, there is no apparent reason why it causes cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.