How many earth worms should I give my Cherry head baby tortoise?

coding_duchess

Location (City and/or State)
Ivyland PA
Once or twice a week we give our baby cherry head some zarth worms. Today my sin caught 3 and after she ate them she kept looking for more. How much should a baby eat? She pretty much ignores fruits and veggies but moves fresh and cooked salmon and salmon-based cat food and the worms. I worry she is not getting enough veggies but overconsumes proteins

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Animal protein should be about 10% of the overall diet. Fruit can be up to 50-60%. Leaves and vegetables - 30-40%. Plant protein (e.g. mushrooms) - about 10-20%. This proportions could vary a little from week to week (that's why sum is more than 100%).

Sometimes tortoises refuse to eat anything but specific type of food. You should insist on variety (cutting new food in small pieces and mixing with familiar one, hand-feeding, offering only specific food type for a couple of days, offering something new). My redfoot refused to eat papaya until I found a really ripe one, she ignored cactus pads until I cut them in thin stripes, hibiscus and mulberry leaves were ignored until I hand fed then once, she didn't touch spider plants until I tried to plant some small ones, and she rushed and grazed pothos plant first time she saw it. And yes, she never refuses to eat some invertebrates or mushrooms and went nuts about boiled chicken, so I never mix them with other food.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Variety is required.
Tortoises can get spoiled and ignore all but their favorite foods. But no Tortoise has ever starved themselves to death.
Feed fewer worms. Wild caught earthworms and snails carry nasty parasites anyway. Once your little tortoise gets hungry, he'll start eating other things.
I promise you.
Your situation is not at all uncommon