Horror story

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ1999

5 Year Member
So I was in class and I over heard this boy talking to his friend and I heard the word "turtle", so of course I just had to listen. So he was talking about how he found this turtle, took an axe, and smashed it!!!! I couldn't even believe anyone could do that out of their own will! Of course he wasn't going to eat it since it was smashed and most likely torn to pieces, so I couldn't believe he would even do that to an innocent turtle... :(

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
SWFL
I dont know what motivates ppl to be cruel. But it is well known that serial murderers and serial abusers start out abusing animals.

Ann from CT

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Did you call him a sicko . Man think I would have kicked his a** .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

ellen

5 Year Member
Sonoran Desert
Ann's right. I'd like to add that if he talked about it at school you have every right to tell your instructor that he might have something wrong in the head if he's talking about murdering animals. With all the school shootings it's for everyone's benefit that the school knows.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Lots of people are raised to think of animals in general as food, entertainment, etc. and do not think twice about things like this. It also makes a lot of difference to many people where the animals are on the 'evolutionary scale' compared to men. They would never hurt a dolphin, chimp, horse, or dog but feel little empathy with 'lower forms' like reptiles and such. Most of us have seen enough examples of dead turtles or snakes on the road that the cars had to swerve to hit to know that this is all too common of a thought process.

It MAY be an early warning sign of problems, and worth bringing to the attention of the teacher, but it is also just likely due to the way he was raised.

If this is someone you are around, it may be worthwhile to try to help him understand your views on this sort of thing. Mentioning that you keep turtles without mentioning the overhead conversation may help to develop a conversation that can help him understand that they have their place on Earth as well.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
At the end of our lives, at the gate, with the Great Spirit, will be all the animals we ever encountered and they will help decide who goes in and who is turned away.

My Hopi Indian neighbor said this to us kids decades ago. I believe I believe him.

tiffanyluvstorts

5 Year Member
What a sick person!!! Then to brag about it!!! Makes me sick

My babies 4 humans, 4 doggies, 2 Russians, 1 leopard gecko, 1 tarantula and a hermit crab. [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The value of all life these days is so low. I'm sad to hear of things like this but not I'm surprised.

When the majority approve of murdering human babies in the mothers womb, taking an axe to a turtle pales in comparison.

The tip on mentioning it to the school is wise. I hope you consider that.

Sent from my TFOapp

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I think that my hand would have met the nap of his neck without thought....there are a'holes in this world no matter where we are, school, work or on the street---he is not someone that can be educated into knowing what he did was not desirable---I am sure he has alot of horror notched on his belt by now....and I pity any other creatures that cross his path...

Sounds as though he is one you want to steer clear of...and at the same time, keep an eye on this type of person, their way of thinking is already demented....

lindsey

5 Year Member
I have a story like that to but he put the poor turtle in a microwave and he knew I liked turtles and he was telling me this and laughing needless to say I found it disgusting and got really pissed and I punched him in the face since that poor defenseless turtle couldn't.. Got in some trouble cuz that's when I was in high school but I'd do it again in a heart beat!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Horror story

lindsey said:
I have a story like that to but he put the poor turtle in a microwave and he knew I liked turtles and he was telling me this and laughing needless to say I found it disgusting and got really pissed and I punched him in the face since that poor defenseless turtle couldn't.. Got in some trouble cuz that's when I was in high school but I'd do it again in a heart beat!

Ha ha you go girl.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1376865201062.jpg
    1376865201062.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.