5 Year Member
image-2757318251.png

Hi I made a couple of improvments to my enclosure today
Dose it look okay?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
The only thing that would worry me is the rock things. I didn't put things like that in mine because I was afraid he would flip himself over. So I guess that is up to you, but if they can climb on something, they will. Looks good to me other then that! :)

garon

5 Year Member
Okay thanks for the advice I did not think of that. I will remove them

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi garron, happy new year btw :)

You don't need to remove them, if you think it could be an issue you could just bury them deeper or push some substrate up around them, kinda like ramps so its more gradual :)

garon

5 Year Member
Hello happy new year!
And yes good thinking I will try that she has never flipped as yet

Hunahpu

5 Year Member
Colorado
Here's a couple links to some lists: http://www.gctts.org/WS/WS.php/Public/EdibleAndPoisonousPlants http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/plants_19.asp

I'm partial to spineless cacti, palms, dracena, and bromeliads myself. The bromeliads might require too much humidity for your enclosure though. (I keep boxies.)

As an aside, make sure that you repot your plants before putting them into the enclosure since most of the soils commercially grown plants are in have fertilizers. I've had good luck with removing the plants from their pots, knocking off all the soil, and rinsing the whole plant off under running water. Then plant it either directly into the enclosure or into another pot. I like using coco coir or sphagnum moss as a potting medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.