Hi! New to this thread...

anac1979

Location (City and/or State)
Athens, GA
Hello. I am new to this thread. Have kept Torts for many years, mostly Redfoots, some Sulcattas, Box Turtles & a few Leopard Torts. Now I only have 8 adult RF & 2 hatchlings. I have recently made a move from S FL to N Ga, near Athens. Does anyone else live near? I'm just wondering how Redfoots fair in GA? I like to keep my herd outside & in S FL that was possible almost the whole year. I kept my RF in the garage here this winter & I hated it. I worried about them constantly. I am thinking about building a greenhouse for them to winter in. Anyone have experience with something like this? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
~Amy :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Amy welcome to the TFO from AZ . I' m sorry I don't understand what in Geo. bothers you . ( or should I say bothers your Redfoots ) are you going to let us see pict of your torts ?

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! I need Cameron to come along and find the link for you:rolleyes:, but you might talk to Tropical Torts. My memory says it's John who just a short time back (perhaps a couple of months now) did a thread about the greenhouse he made for his redfoot/yellowfoots. That thread would be in the enclosure section I am pretty sure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Amy. One of our members just recently posted a thread with pictures of he quanset hut-type green house. I'll try to find it.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome. Good to have you here.

anac1979

Athens, GA
Hi and welcome! I need Cameron to come along and find the link for you:rolleyes:, but you might talk to Tropical Torts. My memory says it's John who just a short time back (perhaps a couple of months now) did a thread about the greenhouse he made for his redfoot/yellowfoots. That thread would be in the enclosure section I am pretty sure.
Ty..that would be soo helpful...:)

anac1979

Athens, GA
Hello Amy welcome to the TFO from AZ . I' m sorry I don't understand what in Geo. bothers you . ( or should I say bothers your Redfoots ) are you going to let us see pict of your torts ?

I'm just worried about them with the winters up here..never had to worry about them in SW FL....I uploaded a pic of some of them for my profile pic..is there another place to put pics?

anac1979

Athens, GA
Hi all! Ty for all the "welcomes"...glad to be here...:) I will def check out the link for the tort greenhouse....

anac1979

Athens, GA

Here are the 2 newest members of the herd..:)

Attachments

• 1st Redfoot.JPG
    1st Redfoot.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 2nd Redfoot.JPG
    2nd Redfoot.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

anac1979

Athens, GA
I'm thinking of doing a greenhouse for them more like one of these...

Attachments

• Greenhouse-Design-Plans-with-wooden-frame.jpg
    Greenhouse-Design-Plans-with-wooden-frame.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 9
  • draft_lens18928524module156425246photo_1326838419Wooden_Greenhouse_Swallow.jpg
    draft_lens18928524module156425246photo_1326838419Wooden_Greenhouse_Swallow.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 9

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Well I gess theirs a lot for me to learn about Georgia and it's weather . Have a great tort day :)