Hi new to the forum and happy to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile_Rapunzel

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi everyone!,
I look forward to becoming apart of this forum's community and am very grateful to be here. Thanks for all the help in advance. I just adopted a California desert tortoise and am doing my best to make his habitat and health right. I took him to the vet immediately and he is in great health he’s around five or ten years old. I did receive his permit in the mail. As a new member of the California turtle tortoise club chino chapter I look forward to club meetings and shows. I live in southern California and I’m 23 years old.
4.jpg6.jpg12.jpg8.jpg
Sincerely, new tortoise advocate

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Reptile_Rapunzel!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Looks like you have a beauty there. What caused you to decide to bring a tortoise into your life?

Reptile_Rapunzel

5 Year Member
Southern California
REPLY: Long Island Greek,
I haven't named my desert tortoise just yet because I want to pick a fitting name.

REPLY: Jacqui,
What set off the adoption really is my mother and I would see the Russian tortoises in the Petco and Petsmart so we wanted a better life for all tortoises, and that is what initially got me hooked on tortoises. I am so fortunate to have got this outgoing and personable
Desert tortoise!

P.S. when I took my desert tortoise to the vet the DVM was impressed how friendly and social he is, then the vet tech girls were meeting him and the two of them also mentioned how outgoing and extroverted he is. Then the donkey/horse rescue came over to pick up some orchard grass hay and he had said how unafraid and curious the tortoise is! He comes right up to people and follows us too!
Anyways enough explanations my point is that the closest name I have picked for him is…..
“The most interesting man in the world” or “The most interesting tortoise in the world”

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum. You're gonna like it here!

Reptile_Rapunzel said:
Hi everyone!,
I look forward to becoming apart of this forum's community and am very grateful to be here. Thanks for all the help in advance. I just adopted a California desert tortoise and am doing my best to make his habitat and health right. I took him to the vet immediately and he is in great health he’s around five or ten years old. I did receive his permit in the mail. As a new member of the California turtle tortoise club chino chapter I look forward to club meetings and shows. I live in southern California and I’m 23 years old.

Sincerely, new tortoise advocate

Long Island Greek

5 Year Member
Long Island New York
Reptile_Rapunzel said:
REPLY: Long Island Greek,
I haven't named my desert tortoise just yet because I want to pick a fitting name.

Anyways enough explanations my point is that the closest name I have picked for him is…..
“The most interesting man in the world” or “The most interesting tortoise in the world”

I think either of those names would be great, I am glad to hear that your taking such great care of your tort and how sociable he is. Welcome and I hope you two have a lifelong friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.