Hi, I'm A Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Hello All,

I am new to the wonderful world of tortoises! I have come to love the Russian Tortoise and the Hermann's Tortoise! I have never owned a tortoise so the one I am preparing for will be the first. I will be attending my first reptile show in June and I'm hoping to get a nice baby tortoise there! I live in Georgia so it's nice and hot here now! I'm looking forward to the help I know I will get from all the experienced tortoise owners!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Prepare for the show by learning all the right questions you should ask the breeder before buying.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Ms. BeBe!!

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Georgia
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) Prepare for the show by learning all the right questions you should ask the breeder before buying.

Thanks! I sure will!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome! I hope you learn a great deal here. Please read Tom's thread just below my name. Every tort owner should read it. It's a must read. Thanks.

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Georgia
sibi said:
Hi and welcome! I hope you learn a great deal here. Please read Tom's thread just below my name. Every tort owner should read it. It's a must read. Thanks.

Thanks, and will do!!

Maggie and Torie the Tort

5 Year Member
USA
Hello and welcome! I love Hermann's Tortoises! I have one Hermann's Tortoise which I have had for one month. He/she is so cute (But I believe a Tortoises are cute)!

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Georgia
Maggie and Torie the Tort said:
Hello and welcome! I love Hermann's Tortoises! I have one Hermann's Tortoise which I have had for one month. He/she is so cute (But I believe a Tortoises are cute)!

Thanks! I have been lots and lots of research on RT and Hermann's and I really have my heart set on getting a Baby RT. Im in the process of gathering all the supplies needed to setup up the enclosure before I get him/her (hopefully a her lol)!

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Hello! I live in Georgia too! The rain lately has been killing me >.< I have a little Russian girl. I hope you enjoy your new baby! Where is the Reptile show at? I'd love to attend!

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Georgia
wiccan_chicken said:
Hello! I live in Georgia too! The rain lately has been killing me >.< I have a little Russian girl. I hope you enjoy your new baby! Where is the Reptile show at? I'd love to attend!

Yes the rain was bad! I think it's over now though its been really hot for the last couple of days! Repticon is having a reptile show in Perry, Ga June 1&2 and also another show in Atlanta Ga July 26&27. You can check out their website. I don't know if they will have a lot of torts there but I definitely want to go and check it out. I want to get a baby RT or baby Hermann's badly.... I don't want to resort to pet stores and I'm kind of scared to buy one online and get it shipped idk!! In so anxious though!

samsmom

10 Year Member!
CedarCreekLake, Texas
hello and welcome, you'll find lots of helpful information on the TFO and lots of helpful people as well, just ask!!

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
MsBeBe_E said:
wiccan_chicken said:

Yes the rain was bad! I think it's over now though its been really hot for the last couple of days! Repticon is having a reptile show in Perry, Ga June 1&2 and also another show in Atlanta Ga July 26&27. You can check out their website. I don't know if they will have a lot of torts there but I definitely want to go and check it out. I want to get a baby RT or baby Hermann's badly.... I don't want to resort to pet stores and I'm kind of scared to buy one online and get it shipped idk!! In so anxious though!

I don't think I will be getting anything, but I will probably try to go as when I went to the recent repticon show in Atlanta, I had a ton of fun holding the monitors and looking at what everyone had. My boyfriend got his new Pinstripe Ball python girl Pollen there and I would love to go back and see all the reptiles again. I'm determined to get a Monitor one day, just not anytime soon! As soon as you think the rain is gone, it's back! Ga and her Bi polar weather.

Though the hot and sunny days are great for the russians to go out and play :) Any pictures of your new russian?

Whoops, just remembered you're hoping for one soon XD Good luck! Last time I went it was full of BPs but not many torts except a Sulcata hatchling and a few adult redfoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.