Hi from Sunny SoCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I'm Dean and I've been raising exotics MOST of my life...I'm 47 now so you get the picture. Currently, I have 2.0.4 sulcatas...the 2 males are 8 (ivory) and 12 years old (normal) ... the young'ns are all 9 months old ...2 normal and 2 ivory...the 8 year old ivory is my avatar... I'll be posting pics here and there.

Attachments

• Aladar1.JPG
    Aladar1.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 45

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Welcome Dean. I'm in SoCal too. Santa Clarita area. I've got two 12 year old males, a 10 year old female, and a 2.5 year old (guessing female). All of mine are the regular color, but I love the Ivories. Richard Fife is a great guy too, BTW. I'm just assuming that's where you got Aladar. I'd love to see more pics of his shell. He looks amazingly smooth for an 8 year old sulcata. I'm betting that's Richard's influence too.

Always nice to have another sulcata guy around.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
Welcome Dean. I'm in SoCal too. Santa Clarita area. I've got two 12 year old males, a 10 year old female, and a 2.5 year old (guessing female). All of mine are the regular color, but I love the Ivories. Richard Fife is a great guy too, BTW. I'm just assuming that's where you got Aladar. I'd love to see more pics of his shell. He looks amazingly smooth for an 8 year old sulcata. I'm betting that's Richard's influence too.

Always nice to have another sulcata guy around.

Thanks for the welcomes and yeah Tom! Aladar came from Richard. I'm extremely happy with him...18" and 25 solid pounds...I'm attaching a few pics...a larger version of my avatar, a walking shot and a profile showing of his shell...very minimal pyramiding (more like a pebble in your shoe). And, I'll include a shot of the little ivories, Snowflake and Eggroll...all named by my daughter :D

Attachments

• Aladar1.JPG
    Aladar1.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Aladar2.JPG
    Aladar2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 26
  • Aladar3.JPG
    Aladar3.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Snowflake&Eggroll.JPG
    Snowflake&Eggroll.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 32

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Hi Dean and welcome. I too am from Socal-IE area. Your torts are beauties.

Status
Not open for further replies.